cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the phone number?

djeclipse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am am trying to decide between Public Mobile and lucky Mobile and would like to talk to soemone form Public Mobile before making a decision.

I can not find a number anywhere.  The only numbr I found is 855-478-2542 which asks you for a phone number and then hangs up on you as I am not a current Public Mobile customer.

Is there no way to actually contact anyoen unless you are alteady a customer?

What would happen if something happened with my account, the number expired and I needeed customer support?  I would be out of luck.

If there is not a real person to speak with I guess the decision is made by Public Mobile's lack of any cutomer support/ sales. 

43 REPLIES 43

@djeclipse wrote:

This is a horrific model.

It only took 3 seconds to find a complete failure of this "support system".

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-can-I-cancel-my-plan-that-is-neve...

The guy paid for a service, did not receive the service and is now stuck with nothing with no one to contact to get his money back.  This is literally theft!

@djeclipse  Theft maybe not the correct word, Public Mobile is pretty forward with their offerings and what they do and don't provide. Most of the issues occur during the activation/switch stage but once that is resolved it's smooth sailing after that.

I am with Telus and seldom need to call them, but there are times where I absolutley ened to speak to someone to get something urgent sorted out.

The self moderation/ help idea is terrible.

It's not for everyone that is for sure. Last week my air conditioner broke down. I did some troubleshooting determined the capacitor needed to be changed and $20.00 later I was up and running. Others call for help and are just as happy when the house cools down again.

Not only are you all woring for free for Telus (Public Mobile), but you are all paying a fee to work for them. lol.

Some people like/enjoy  helping others , nothing wrong with that.

I just found public Mobile and can;t believe such a terrible service with ZERO customer support actually exists in canada.

Seek and you shall find. Smiley Happy

This is the result of the lack of competition in the cell phone industry no thenks to the CRTC that restricts any new provider from entering the market.

You might have something there same goes for the banks, maple syrup.....

A complete joke. 

charlesgo

I think its fair to say that many people need some support which is okay.  There are many other there that are willing to give some decent advice. 

There are also many people who are savy enough to figure things out and are even those who never have problems.  its quite user friendly and for the most part is quite easy to navigate through so for lots of people, the lack of an actual customer service department is less important.

djeclipse

Cons:

You get ignorant usless people such as RossN hijacking your threads, offering no help name calling.

Ya, that is something everyone should be paying for.

@RossN you are not needed in this thread any longer, you offer no help and do not contribute.  Stop being a troll and move on.  Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse wrote:

You just displayed another reason this support modes (if it could even be called that) doe snot work.  You get ignorant people with attitudes replying creating even more problems, not solutions. 

I run a small business that is not even remotley close tot he cell phone industry.

I am looking for a cell phone company for my wife as she does not use data and as I stated very clearly in my initial post.

Public Mobile is a terrible joke played on the canadian consumer.  lol   

Tell that to the many hundreds of thousands of customers blissfully unaware of problems.

The $15 plan is very popular here. Unlimited texting. Unlimited incoming calls. You'd need to examine if 100 minutes calling out is a problem. And throw in a little data for kicks.

I'm perfectly happy with the $10 plan with add-ons.

charlesgo

There isnt any direct customer service but I think there are definitely pros and cons to a community based support system

PROS

- Community based help is mostly honest and unfiltered which is great for getting actual feedback and information from users of the service

- Less intimidating to reach out and ask a question or express concern.  I find responses to be quite quick and unjudgemental

- You dont get put on hold and arent thrown around from various agents and departments 

CHALLENGES

- Not all support or advice actually helps (but people still try to give the best advice they can)

- Sometimes support is not always available right away - there are peak times for getting more prompt replies and times where things are a bit slower.  Compared to TELUS or FIDO, there are times at night where you cant even access any support because their system is down for maintenance which leaves you waiting the next day anyways

Overall, I like this self service kiosk.  I would also say many members just like taking some time out of their day to help other users out.  I dont see it as me paying to help others.  Life is so much more than who pays or gets paid.  Being supportive and helping someone out is more than good enough for me./

@djeclipse hi you are the one acting like a clown if you come to pick a fight go somewhere else please!!

djeclipse

You just displayed another reason this support modes (if it could even be called that) doe snot work.  You get ignorant people with attitudes replying creating even more problems, not solutions. 

I run a small business that is not even remotley close tot he cell phone industry.

I am looking for a cell phone company for my wife as she does not use data and as I stated very clearly in my initial post.

Public Mobile is a terrible joke played on the canadian consumer.  lol   

@djeclipse wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-can-I-cancel-my-plan-that-is-neve...

The guy paid for a service, did not receive the service and is now stuck with nothing with no one to contact to get his money back.  This is literally theft!

I am with Telus and seldom need to call them, but there are times where I absolutley ened to speak to someone to get something urgent sorted out.

Not only are you all woring for free for Telus (Public Mobile), but you are all paying a fee to work for them. lol.

I just found public Mobile and can;t believe such a terrible service with ZERO customer support actually exists in canada.

This is the result of the lack of competition in the cell phone industry no thenks to the CRTC that restricts any new provider from entering the market.

A complete joke. 

This isn't for you move on there is no need to be a troll here.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse 

Work for the competition do you?

Don't get me wrong...the wait times for that account support is abysmal currently. But again how often do you need to talk to someone? Then you call in and wait hours for some outsourced foreign exploited worker to answer the phone. I'm fine here. Things can always be better. It is what it is.

@djeclipse glad your giving it a chance this isn't for everybody maybe your'e one of them lol

djeclipse

A complete joke. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse 

This place is an online model. This community acts as a crowd-sourced technical support service which can help guide you to whether you need to communicate with someone or very often to get on your way.

That someone is called a moderator. They function by private message only via this system.

Really...how often do you actually need to talk to your current provider? I rarely ever did spending years with Telus. I haven't had any issues since I got here over a year ago.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@djeclipse hi there is actually a lot of customer support here in the community and through the moderator team for account issues, this place is built on a self service type system to cut down on costs 

Need Help? Let's chat.