cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the SIM & Activation online form

alisaC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a message from public mobile about porting my number, the message is like:

Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks.

But I could find the "SIM & Activation online form", can someone please tell me where is it?

My number was ported partially, I can call from Public mobile with my number, but when I call my number the robot from old provider is responding.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

marion

Got the same email today pointing me to an online form that doesn't exist. So obviously the problem with the misleading and erroneous SMS triggered by porting issues hasn't been fixed. 

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@alex-s20 wrote:

I see complains about that "SIM & Activation online form" sms starting from 2016 and so far that problem is not fixed.

Today i got the same SMS when tried to port number from chatr to my existen account. Of course i sent message to moderator, but why nobody care about fixing that sms text?

There are bigger things to worry about than to investigate and edit that text message Smiley Tongue

@NDesai I think you're trying to be funny here.  Even if you're not, I agree that there are probably some more critical issues out there, but the pace of change on these "little" things that seem so flippin' obvious to need fixing quickly is so incredibly frustrating.  Customers keep running into these types of things, and it's really really bad for CX.  For what is essentially a virtual (online-only) company, PM has an alarming lack of focus on CX.  EDIT: this was "okay" back in 2015-2016 when PM still flew the "BETA" flag high and prominent, but in the 2nd half of 2018 when they've had literally years to tackle these types of issues and claim to be a fully produciton-ready product, it's frankly inexcusable to see near zero progress.

I don't believe Public Mobile ever got out of the beta stage.  Back then, the jokes seemed to be that they had been in beta forever.  And even if you wanted a become a customer, it was almost impossible.  You haded to be invited to be customer, and even when the beta supposedly ended, it was still next to impossible to get a sim card.  There was a  time I was thinking about being a customer but I gave up when it took Public Mobile nearly 2 months to mail me a sim card.

The regex bug and porting in someone's alternate number things are just silly - that along with services ceasing to work after using a roaming add-on.

But then again, Public Mobile's slowness to fix problems also works to our advantage.  It's quite funny that the Public Mobile submits the sales tax but often doesn't charge the taxes on the first payment.  Then, we have the faster-than-advertised 3g data speeds that have been going on now for about a year, that quite honestly, has rekindled my interests in switching to the current promotional plan.

Public Mobile does give customers the opportunity to get an excellent deal price-wise.   I've never personally experienced any service-related issues, but the the amount of problems that keep repeating themself just makes things seem rather amateur hour.

@srlawren wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@alex-s20 wrote:

I see complains about that "SIM & Activation online form" sms starting from 2016 and so far that problem is not fixed.

Today i got the same SMS when tried to port number from chatr to my existen account. Of course i sent message to moderator, but why nobody care about fixing that sms text?

There are bigger things to worry about than to investigate and edit that text message Smiley Tongue

@NDesai I think you're trying to be funny here.  Even if you're not, I agree that there are probably some more critical issues out there, but the pace of change on these "little" things that seem so flippin' obvious to need fixing quickly is so incredibly frustrating.  Customers keep running into these types of things, and it's really really bad for CX.  For what is essentially a virtual (online-only) company, PM has an alarming lack of focus on CX.  EDIT: this was "okay" back in 2015-2016 when PM still flew the "BETA" flag high and prominent, but in the 2nd half of 2018 when they've had literally years to tackle these types of issues and claim to be a fully produciton-ready product, it's frankly inexcusable to see near zero progress.

The list still goes on and on. Indeed it's frustrating at this time. What drives me crazy is that they put so much effort to investigate a promo going on or extended at chatr or Lucky, and bring that forward to directly compete. We recommended them to first focus on fixing what needs to fixed after the gruesome battle with FM, but they just wanna continue this strategy anyways. One thing from the list is promised to be fixed within a next week or so, i will see how that turns out. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@alex-s20 wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@alex-s20 wrote:

alex-s20

There is no sim and activation form to fix a a number porting issue.  You must contact a moderator by sending a private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can by Public Mobile Online Activation

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

or  you can buy it online from website public mobile

https://store.publicmobile.ca/collections/all

good luck

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

A while back, they removed the online email support and migrated to community only support. So reach out to the mod as mentioned above and they will take care of your porting hopefully tomorrow morning. 

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alisaC, just to confirm, you have activated a plan and attempted a number port but something unexpected happened during the porting?  If that is the case, simply private message the moderator team and they will resubmit the port.  If there are any other account related problems, the moderator team can take care of that also.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.