cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my SIM card??

Want2Talk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered/paid for SIM card 2 weeks ago, seems like a simple send and it's still not here and no notification/confirmation.

I get the no frills and appreciate that this keeps costs down but being user friendly should not be a frill.

My need:  to know if you are processing my order, a follow up for why it will take longer to deliver than expected, and an easier way to find how to post a question on this forum.

Your time is appreciated, would kindly like the same consideration.  

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Want2Talk Hang in there, it will arrive in another week or 2. Just continue with your old carrier if you have service.

No PM Flash Sale other than Referral discount and AutoPay discount to your plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It can take up to three weeks for delivery.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Courier-Delays/td-p/647439

If you need a sim asap then try purchasing one from a local retailer or order one from Amazon or Canadian Cell Supplies.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Want2Talk wrote:

I ordered/paid for SIM card 2 weeks ago, seems like a simple send and it's still not here and no notification/confirmation.

I get the no frills and appreciate that this keeps costs down but being user friendly should not be a frill.

My need:  to know if you are processing my order, a follow up for why it will take longer to deliver than expected, and an easier way to find how to post a question on this forum.

@Want2Talk 

This forum is a customer forum.  None of us can provide responses 'on behalf of' Public Mobile.   Only the Moderators and PM staff can do that through the contact methods described beforehand by @esjliv .   They may or may not be able to advise of the status of the order, but one would hope they could say WHEN it left their site.

Based on my experience, folks on this forum are well-equipped and experienced in many areas of Public Mobile (in fact, some are customers longer than PM staff themselves)

So my advice would be to ask away - you'll mostly get first-hand experience in responses.

Regarding the SIM card, as @hTideGnow recommended, pick one up at a local mobile shop if you can get it for what you're willing to pay for one.  It's always a good idea to have a spare SIM in case yours becomes unusable for one of a few reasons (no need to get into that right now...)

Hope things work out for you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Want2Talk wrote:

@Want2Talk ,

I believe Public Mobile generally ships via Canada Post regular letter post mail. So it is in amongst all the other normal snail mail.

2-3 weeks do seem to be normal delivery times.

Pick one up near you and keep the one coming in the mail as a spare or give it to family/friend as a referral. Always handy to have an extra!

Check out if there are any by you:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

If you get past the 3+ week mark I would contact the Moderators to send you another or for a refund on the one that has not arrived.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

It usually take 3 weeks for delivery from PM

If you need it urgently,  you might want to check out Walmart/London Drug/Loblaws, they  might give it out for free and will help you to activate

Or you might want to order from Amazon if you have Prime membership.

Need Help? Let's chat.