cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find my account number?

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have 2 public mobile numbers, but I tried to port one of them away to another provider. It got rejected for being an invalid account number. The account number I used to port out was the account number listed in the top-right area of the public mobile self serve, my account website. It was a number like 1000000####### (where the #'s are numbers of my account). Is this not the correct account number, and do I need to contact a MOD prior to porting out?

15 REPLIES 15

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ammy1 wrote:

Where i can find my account number

my number is xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please do not include pesonal info in your post, you should edit your post and remove your number (select 3 dots). This is a public forum. You can find you account number when you login into your account. Just select the "My Account" top right of this page. Once you login your account information will be displayed on the landing page.

ammy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where i can find my account number

edited by computergeek541: removed phone number

cal800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanked you computergeek 🙂

@cal800 wrote:

Yeah those account numbers with all those 0's are hard to read.

And I couldn't copy and paste as it was not regular text.

It can be copy and pasted from your Public Mobile activation/welcome e-mail message.  They put it next to your e-mail address instead of your name.

From there, you can paste it into an online activation site, or if you are porting out your Public Mobile phone number at a store, you can print it out in an enlarged font and bring it with you.

cal800
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah those account numbers with all those 0's are hard to read.

And I couldn't copy and paste as it was not regular text.

thirstyturtle18

Yeah, when I told them the number I remember saying my account number is "one and then six zero's in a row, as in one million,..." and then the next 7 digits.

It is a bunch of 0's.  I've got a vision issue, so I counted a few times.

Try it again - advise them there are 6 '0's, and 7 digits following the 0's.

thirstyturtle18

yes, my name and address is all correct. I have quintuple checked everything. My main question was if this 14 digit account number with the 1 and a bunch of 0's was the real account number. I'm guessing the new provider agent took down the wrong number.

All you should need is your account number, and your name, and your phone number.

Is your name currently registered in your Public Mobile account?

Other than that, I have no suggestions.

thirstyturtle18

I have 1,6 0's in a row and then 7 digits. 14 digits in total.

The account number is 14 digits long, starting with a 1, then I have 7 '0s', then 6 numbers.

You may have 6 '0's then 7 numbers?   Double check.

thirstyturtle18

I can still make calls with this line - active

It's active, as in you can still use your service?  Or is it waiting for you to pay to use it?

thirstyturtle18

Yes it's still active. So I don't need to contact a MOD first? Just scratching my head as that's the account number I used. I did tell that account number over the phone to the rep of the new mobile provider. Maybe they entered it wrong? I just wanted to verify this was the correct account number before trying it again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thirstyturtle18

That should be the account number.

Is your account still active?

If yes, try the port out again.

Need Help? Let's chat.