cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i buy a SIM card and get it activated paying cash?

wer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

G'Day,

Still on the other side of the pond, and can not buy and activate SIM since i do not have a Canadian credit card.

Could somebody kindly tell me at which store(s), preferably in downtown Montreal, i could buy one and get it activated paying cash?

Thank you,   werner

9 REPLIES 9

wer

I was asked to accept one answer as a solution, however, so many answers were both correct and helpful that it would not be fair to pick one of them.

Thank you again.

wer

Thank you all for the prompt and helpful replies.

Checking the (lack of?) offers for operating a mobile phone in Canada is like opening a can of worms. I had the erroneous believe that North America was way ahead of Europe in this respect, but it is more difficult to contract and terribly expensive.

The only other offer i found is from Lucky Mobile, so i guess we will wait until our arrival and hope for somebodies special offer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

He can activate in sir to use cash without needing to get a voucher . Currently no promo to make it an advantage to activate at home online. 

I had imagined that the store would take your money via the Public Mobile activation interface. Basically doing it for you. Which would mean credit card or voucher (or Visa Debit... I know). I didn't activate in store so I didn't experience that aspect.

If the store uses their own activation system and payment then I'm with you.

@Anonymous wrote:

About cash...getting signed up, you would need to convert said cash into what they call a voucher that hopefully the store sells. I know Walmart does. Then you use the voucher to pay for the initial sign-up. Then mimmo_L's got your future payments sorted.

He can activate in sir to use cash without needing to get a voucher . Currently no promo to make it an advantage to activate at home online. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Cleaner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any london drugs or walmart should be able to assit you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply looked at the website locations of the other mobile stores to see "yup Montreal". I didn't bother adding London Drugs because they're out west.

I assumed there'd be a Walmart in Montreal so I didn't look there.

I'm way out west. Never been to Montreal. How would I know exactly where he is?

About cash...getting signed up, you would need to convert said cash into what they call a voucher that hopefully the store sells. I know Walmart does. Then you use the voucher to pay for the initial sign-up. Then mimmo_L's got your future payments sorted.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @wer once you are up and running you can buy vouchers online at recharge.com that way you don't need to go to a physical store

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Walmart, Wow Mobile, K Mobile.

@wer - Unfortunately none of these retailers have a store in downtown Montreal.  You'll need to get out of the downtown core to find one of these locations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart, Wow Mobile, K Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.