cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the PIN number for the account t

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just set up an account t for a friend and she got a puk lock, I asked a moderator to help and he needs her pin but her phone is locked she can't get the text message from public with her number. How can I find this to get the moderator to give us her puk code?

11 REPLIES 11

@Mountainmaxman 

It is very important that you delete your friend's information from the pictures in your Community profile.  As of now, the information is still there.

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

They don't seem to want to help so I guess she is screwed. This stupid PUK is bull anyhow since you can't call anyone to get it like other providers this is a dealbreaker 

The account PIN isn't needed to get help from moderators. Since you were looking at the self-serve account details, use SIMon to open a service ticket. The self-serve credentials can be used for identity verification/account authorization.

@Mountainmaxman  As recommended by @ChuckYeah  put the sim card in another phone and if doesn't ask for a PUK code then your friend's phone is still locked.

Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

Mountainmaxman

They don't seem to want to help so I guess she is screwed. This stupid PUK is bull anyhow since you can't call anyone to get it like other providers this is a dealbreaker 

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Sorry guys those screenshots were for the direct message moderator, I had the wrong screen open. Anyhow back to my question where do we find the public pin code if we can't access the phone?

The account PIN can't be found anywhere. Only the account owner would know it and only moderators can help if it is forgotten.

Mountainmaxman

Sorry guys those screenshots were for the direct message moderator, I had the wrong screen open. Anyhow back to my question where do we find the public pin code if we can't access the phone?

@Mountainmaxman 

I have removed the message that you posted because it contains personal and account information that should not be posted in Public. 

Also, please do not mark your own posts as solutions.

You will still need to delete the images from your Community profile.  Please go into My Photos>All Images to remove them.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mountainmaxman   I've delt with Bell many times for my home phone and I'm going to suggest you phone them again to check if the phone is really unlocked. Their customer service is a joke and I would not trust them to have unlocked the phone. My last dealing with Bell they sent the service guy the wrong phone number so he could not contact me, and it's a Bell number FCS

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman   Please remove the images in your post, you're on a public forum.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Should delete that 2nd pic (edit: and 3rd). 

Best to remove personal info like your email address and phone or account numbers. It won't help on this forum and it makes it discoverable and available to the general public.

To remove your personal information, find your original post.
Click on the three dots in the top right corner and choose "Edit Reply." From there just delete the information or use X's or # signs to show where it would have been.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

What if you put her sim in your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.