cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the moderators?

laleh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to message a moderator for 2 days now and have got NO response!

I cannot use my phone with my new SIM card because it needs an unlock code and the moderator team is supposed to help with that.

I am already regretting switching to thhis carrier!

@CS_Agent 

17 REPLIES 17

@kav2001c wrote:

@kaiser_soze 

I am pretty sure PC Mobile is dead....

The PC Mobile brand is still being used by Bell for prepaid services.  The Telus run division of PC Mobile (postpaid) had all remaining customers moved over to Koodo last October.

@kaiser_soze 

I am pretty sure PC Mobile is dead....

kaiser_soze
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree the previous carrier has to provide the code. I recently did migrate from Bell to PM and another one regarding Freedom and in both cases the prior carrier upon calling and reaching tech support provided the code.

I’m not familiar with PC mobile but they should be able to provide.

@bridonca wrote:

Based on the information given, your President's Choice Mobile LG G6 phone should not need to be unlocked to work with Public Mobile.  If it is locked, it is locked with Telus, of which Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile, and President's Choice Mobile post paid phones are interchangable, even when locked.

The OP stated perivously that the phone is from Bell and it sounds as if he/she saying that it's unlocked because it works at PC Mobile.  That may not be the case since prepaid PC Mobile is a Bell service.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Based on the information given, your President's Choice Mobile LG G6 phone should not need to be unlocked to work with Public Mobile.  If it is locked, it is locked with Telus, of which Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile, and President's Choice Mobile post paid phones are interchangable, even when locked.

To add to the confusion,   President's Choice Mobile postpaid, and President's Choice Mobile prepaid, use 2 incompatible carriers.  Prepaid uses Bell, postpaid uses Telus.   President's Choice Mobile postpaid no longer exists, and is now part of Telus's Koodo brand. 

I might also add, President's Choice Mobile prepaid never had an LG G6 in their phone line up. 

So where does that lead you?  Not sure.  If the information you gave is correct, the phone should work.  It clearly does not, and I am not quite sure what the actual problem is.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@laleh wrote:

I have been trying to message a moderator for 2 days now and have got NO response!

I cannot use my phone with my new SIM card because it needs an unlock code and the moderator team is supposed to help with that.

@CS_Agent 

There are 11 moderators online ATM - 2019.05.14 1:30pm MDT.

But they go through the queue by FIFO.  I sent a moderator request 5 days ago.  The respond time was 2.5 days.

Your phone is locked to Bell.  Call them to get an unlock code.

Since PM did not sell you your phone, sending private message to moderator will not able to unlock your phone.

Isabuschina

Count yourself lucky that it hasn't been longer, I guess? I have been trying to contact them for 4 days without any response.

Update: moderators have contacted me to solve my issue. I am assumming that 4 days is the size of their backlog at the moment.

@laleh wrote:

My phone was already unlocked when I started with pc mobile. The previous carrier to that was Bell and I was free of their plan already. My phone is an LG G6.

If you went to PC Mobile's prepaid services, there wouldn't have been any need to unlock the phone and there also wouldn't have been any way to confim that the phone was unlocked until inserting a different carrier's sim card.  Depending on when it was manufactuerd, some LG G6 devices are unlocked right out fo the box, while some are in fact, locked to a carrier.

laleh

My phone was already unlocked when I started with pc mobile. The previous carrier to that was Bell and I was free of their plan already. My phone is an LG G6.

@laleh wrote:

I've merged your two threads as they were duplicates in different places.

A new sim card wouldn't need a code to unlock it unless the sim card's security features have been enabled.  The default PIN of a sim card is 1234, but you would already know that because if you managed to enabled the sim card's security PIN feature, you would had to have first entered the existing PIN.

I am suspecting, just as others that your phone is locked to a different carrier and unfortunately, Public Mobile cannot help you with this.  You would have to get the original carrier that the phone is locked to help or purchase an unlock code/unlock service from someone who sells those.

laleh

The phone manufacturer will also put me on hold for ages. Why is support so difficult at public mobile? Even pc mobile was faster than this - maybe I should have stayed with them. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will definitely give it a try.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@dabr  moderators can not provide an unlock code for non telus phones.   the old provider need to provide the unlock code.  except for some phones purchased from costco, staples etc  which lock on first sim, these are often samsung phones and are usually when you can contact the manufacturer.

I suggested OP contact the manufacturer as some will provide the unlock code (have had to phone them for my phone in the past).

mimmo

@dabr  moderators can not provide an unlock code for non telus phones.   the old provider need to provide the unlock code.  except for some phones purchased from costco, staples etc  which lock on first sim, these are often samsung phones and are usually when you can contact the manufacturer.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@laleh wrote:

@laleh  If it's asking for a network unlock PUK code then your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

Hope this helps!

laleh

I have been messaging the moderators for 2 days (4 messages sent) and have yet not gotten any response.

I need their help with the Unlock code for my already activated SIM care and am unable to use my phone!

Where are they hiding and when will I get a response? Maybe I should not have switched to this carrier(?)

mimmo

@laleh  if you put a public mobile sim and the phone ask for an unlock code this typcally means you need to contact your old provider and ask them to provide you with the code.

what phone are you using and where did you buy it from?  ie samsung phones from costco are typically sold unlocked but lock to the first sim inserted.   

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@laleh wrote:

Some phone manufactures will also give you the unlock code...you could try calling the manufacturer while you wait for a response from the mods which can be anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days or a bit longer.

Need Help? Let's chat.