cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to sign up it says my SIM card is invalid but it is working

Stan12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently with KOODO with an iPhone 6S. When I type in my SIM card number, PM says it is an invalid number. I have double checked my SIM card number on screen and by removing it. I am typing it in correctly.

12 REPLIES 12

@Raf414 wrote:

You can take sim output it back or try to rest the phone from settings

Why? The customer didn't have a Public Mobile sim yet.

Raf414
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can take sim output it back or try to rest the phone from settings

@buiya wrote:

Are you sure your iphone is unlocked?  If it's not, you need to contact Koodo to unlock the device for you and then you can try activating with your PM sim card.

This information isn't correct, and I've change the "solution" accordingly.  As you have realized, Koodo iPhone devices do not need to be unlocked to work at Public Mobile. Furthermore, a phone does not need to be unlocked to activate a Public Mobile sim card and account. You actually don't even need a phone at all to activate the service.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@buiya wrote:

Are you sure your iphone is unlocked?  If it's not, you need to contact Koodo to unlock the device for you and then you can try activating with your PM sim card.

Read OP post again.  OP is currently using her/his iPhone on Koodo.  Even locked Koodo phone will work with PM.

Totally right, my head got stuck with the subject line believing it was a locked phone.

One more thing to mention about porting numbers from Koodo to Public Mobile. If it is a Prepaid Koodo account extra intervention will be needed to complete the port. You either have to activate a new PM number and then contact the moderators to port your old number in OR have the activation done by a dealer porting your existing number. Presumably they just call the Telus Porting assistance number which you could do yourself as well. 

Postpaid Koodo accounts are not a problem.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@buiya wrote:

Read OP post again.  OP is currently using her/his iPhone on Koodo.  Even locked Koodo phone will work with PM.

Yes, wrong "solution" indicated.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stan12 wrote:

Thanks.  I will order one.

Then for future readers who might come across this now solved thread...the answer seems to be what will13am posted.

buiya

If an iPhone is locked and you insert a foreign carrier simcard you'll get an error like this:

"SIM not Supported

The simcard that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server."

Stan12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.  I will order one.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Stan12, are you trying to use the Koodo SIM card to sign up with Public Mobile?  You cannot do that.  You need to obtain a new, unused Public Mobile SIM card to sign up. 

buiya

Need Help? Let's chat.