cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my friend enters my number as a referral it give him an error

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My number is active with PM because I'm currently using it. When my friend is trying to activate his SIM card online he enters my number as the referral but when he hits submit , it gives him an error that the referral number does not belong to a PM subscriber.

He is doing the activation right in front of me and he is entering the correct number. Any suggestion as to why this is happening?

14 REPLIES 14

sandpublic

So just to give an update on this problem, it appears that the issue is with the referrer's phone number being the problem. He contacted the moderator_team and they escalated & opened a special ticket with Tech Support to investigate. So if this happens to you contact a moderator and hope they can solve it or change your number which is some cases might not be ideal.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sandpublic wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

My number is active with PM because I'm currently using it. When my friend is trying to activate his SIM card online he enters my number as the referral but when he hits submit , it gives him an error that the referral number does not belong to a PM subscriber.

He is doing the activation right in front of me and he is entering the correct number. Any suggestion as to why this is happening?

He could try a different web browser, but I suspect this is a website/Public Mobile computer system error. Likely only moderators can fix this.  Contact them by clicking here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The moderator replied back asking my friend to contact them. The problem is that he can't activate his card because of the error so how is going to contact them?

Perhaps go through with activation regardless and then have your friend PM mod the referral info? Also screenshot the issue so PM can be held accountable for any errors with their system.

Edit: if the only give a one time 20$ credit as someone else mentioned your friend should just leave PM after a month to get the point across...

@NDesai wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

The moderator replied back asking my friend to contact them. The problem is that he can't activate his card because of the error so how is going to contact them?

I am pretty sure mods will tell your friend to activate first as they have the ability to add the referral after activation. However, sending a pm first would be a good idea to have it as a proof when it comes to claiming the $25 referral credit for both of you and the $1/month for you. 

They used to tell us that it can't be done and would only give a one-tine credit of about $20.  That changed?

@sandpublic wrote:

I am pretty sure mods will tell your friend to activate first as they have the ability to add the referral after activation. However, sending a pm first would be a good idea to have it as a proof when it comes to claiming the $25 referral credit for both of you and the $1/month for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And while he's sending one after the fact, send one yourself asking "um...why?".

@sandpublic He can make a community account without a PM cell number/plan and use that send a message to a moderator.

@NDesai wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Also, sandpublic,  be sure to type in only the numbers:   no hyphens (-),  no periods (.)  and no parentheses (brackets).

That's not possible because the number field are already separated into 3 parts. 

Capture.JPG

Thanks makes sense. I didn't realize that.  When you activate a line, I guess we sometimes don't pay that close attention unless there's an issue.  What I said would only apply if it was a single box to type the number in.

sandpublic

@NDesai wrote:

@sandpublic Make sure he is entering your referral number in the referral field and not in the alternate phone number field. If it still does not let you, send a pm to the moderator team as mentioned above. They can add the referral later on after activation. 

They are doing it in front of me and are entering the number in the correct location. He tried different browsers including icognito mode but same error. For some reason the PM system does not consider my number as  valid.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Also, sandpublic,  be sure to type in only the numbers:   no hyphens (-),  no periods (.)  and no parentheses (brackets).

That's not possible because the number field are already separated into 3 parts. 

Capture.JPG

@NDesai wrote:

@sandpublic Make sure he is entering your referral number in the referral field and not in the alternate phone number field. If it still does not let you, send a pm to the moderator team as mentioned above. They can add the referral later on after activation. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

sandpublic

@computergeek541 wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

He could try a different web browser, but I suspect this is a website/Public Mobile computer system error. Likely only moderators can fix this.  Contact them by clicking here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
As @computerggek541 said it could be the browser, get him to try a different browser or private/incognito mode. Most people find that Chrome incognito works best for this site. If it still doesn't work then contact a moderator.

@sandpublic wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.