cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Data mode is on I can make calls but am unable to access internet via browser and other apps

D_Whiskey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On data mode, I have phone service but no connection through Chrome, Gmail, no texting or other social media applications.  I can turn off data mode and access wifi networks with success (eg. home and public)

I have an LG G4 and have gone through the board suggests which include:

1.  Reboot

2.  Remove SIM and reinstall

3.  verify APN

4.  Factory reset and re-implement APN settings

None of the above seems to have worked.  I have not reached my data limit and manual data limit is off.  I've noted others have had similar problems but none of their solutions (as above) have worked.

5 REPLIES 5

D_Whiskey

There was no plan renewal or add-on.  I've verified my data usage and have only used 75% of allotted this past month.

Interesting suggestion regarding reporting lost/stolen to have the plan essentially switched on and off.  I'm a little nervous about doing this.  I'll investigate any potential repercussions.  If it looks okay, and there are no other suggestions, I will give this a try. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@D_Whiskey wrote:

Thanks for the link. It says that The G4 requires you to use advanced calling (VoLTE) to both use data and call. I have VoLTE selected. I've used the LG G4 with Public Mobile for a few months now. The problem only started a few days ago.

Interesting that something changed. Public Mobile apparently doesn't do VoLTE.

Maybe try turning that off? Dunno.

@D_Whiskey wrote:

Thanks for the link. It says that The G4 requires you to use advanced calling (VoLTE) to both use data and call. I have VoLTE selected. I've used the LG G4 with Public Mobile for a few months now. The problem only started a few days ago.

Did this happen on plan renewal or did you add an add-on?

Try this,

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

D_Whiskey

Anonymous
Not applicable

@D_Whiskey

Very fast search found this. Maybe your phone can't do it on this carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.