cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with the bonus money?

eslin99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, all, just joined the PM and signed up for auto-pay.  I noticed that I received 2 dollars for auto-pay, and assume this is monthly credit.

What can I use the money for?  since I am on auto-pay.

Thank you,

Eric.

8 REPLIES 8

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That was actually one of the things that I liked most about Public Mobile when I was doing my research. With my previous plan the "bonus money" could only be used by purchasing add-ons that I never needed, so even though my account kept gaining more and more bonus money, the money was useless.

I love that with Public Mobile, they will first use the balance in the account when making a payment. This way my monthly costs are less and the "bonus money" is never wasted.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@eslin99 wrote:

Hi, all, just joined the PM and signed up for auto-pay.  I noticed that I received 2 dollars for auto-pay, and assume this is monthly credit.

Thank you,

Eric.

When you become new customer and enable autopay, the $2 credit is given after paying full price for first 30 days.  That balance can be use to pay for next renewal or to partly pay for an add-on.  During your first renwal, another $2 will be added to balance.  You might not notice each 30 days because it gets applied to help pay for plan while most people are asleep.

Camjam_65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this amount will be deducted from your next billing! and each subsequent billing while Auto-Pay is active!

Bash529
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You're right, it is a monthly credit. It will be used automatically to help pay for your phone plan. I don't believe you can use it for anything else.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@eslin99 Autopay is a reward where you can earn  for signing up for pre-authorized payments using a credit or VISA debit card. Say if the plan is $25 per 30 days, if you are enrolled in auto pay, you will receive a discount of $2, making your plan $23 per 30 days. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eslin99 wrote:

Thank you,

Eric.

I can see why you ask this question if you were with Chatr before.  PM autopay is different from Chatr.  Chatr autopay always take money from your credit card for full amount of your plan fee independant of the amount of fund in your account.  This is because Chatr has pay-per-use.  Chatr will not touch the fund in your account which is used to pay for the pay-per-use items.

PM autopay is different.  Pm will use the available fund in your account first before taking just enough money from your credit card to pay for your plan fee.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

It just means your next bill will be 2 dollars less ,example a 25 dollar plan will only cost you 23.Welcome to public mobile the people here in the community are here to help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@eslin99 wrote:

Thank you,

Eric.

@eslin99  Even though you are on AutoPay on your next renewal any available funds in your account will be used and the remainder will get charged on your cc.

Need Help? Let's chat.