cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time exactly do auto-pay plan renewals take place?

wleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would like to know what time exactly auto-pay plan renewals take place at plan expiry-- 00:00 on plan expiry date?  Or other?  User's local time or Eastern Standard Time?  If it is a process that spans a time frame (although it should not be I believe especially if the process is accompanied by service interruption during), what are the exact start and end times of auto-pay plan renewals?

5 REPLIES 5

@wleung. to be honest with you, I do not know.  I've tried to find it, but as I do not get close to my 12 GB (currently) for my cycle, I don't worry about it.  I would have assumed 12 PM ET (not standard or daylight times) ... but as the payment doesn't happen until after midnight now, it's 'some point' on the expiry/renewal date.

That's as best as I can get.

wleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you, @srlawren and @stonechucker!

One more detail I need to know... So what time exactly do we expect that our plan's old cycle's airtimes and text quotas to expire and reset for the new cycle?  I believe it's important to know this so that I'm aware until what hour I'd be able to still use my expiring cycle's remaining airtimes and texts and at what hour I'll start to consume airtimes and texts of a new cycle.  I'm using a limited airtime and texts plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker well done--I knew I could count on you!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hey @srlawren, this is a favourite of mine!

ive watch the AutoPay for two years now on my 90-day renewals, but it will be the same for 30-day plans also.

i will use my upcoming renewal on September 8th as a reference.

when I signed up in 2016, the payment date was Sept 7: meaning money should be loaded into your account no later than this day.  If you have AutoPay enabled, ignore this date, and allow the process to happen.  When my first AutoPay went through, the money was charged to my credit card sometime around 9pm Eastern Time.  Sometime through the ght, I believe it was about 2 am (now Sept 8), the process was completed, and my new cycle started.

over the 2 years, my AutoPay is being taken later and later in the day, and has now been happening on payment day +1, or early the next morning Eastern Time.  My renewal this last cycle had payment at about 2 am, and completion at about 10 am on renewal day.

NOTE, I’ve looked at my self-Serve during these times, and I see all the scary suspended and expired messages, however at no time has my device lost service.

ive topped up once before to have the money in place before a scheduled maintenance, just Incase there was a problem such as what has just recently happened.  Things were okay for me on that.  I also had one problem back when I switched from a 30-day plan to a 90-day on renewal, but that was just a plan mixup and service was still active.

I feel with my past experience in IT field, and knowing that there are various ways for things to be processed, I think there are a series of files generated in a certain order, and are processed sequencally in batches.

With the sheer number of active members, the process seems to continue to get longer each time.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wleung it spans a timeframe.  I'm going to tag @stonechucker to weigh in, since I know they have posted before about this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.