cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the phone number I need to call to port in my number?

ibuddler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I think there's a phone number I can contact to port in my number but I forgot it now. Can someone please tell me what it is? Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Let us know if there is an issue with your current port in progress  ... like where you porting from.. is it new activation + porting  .. and how long you have waited..

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ibuddler "I'm pretty sure there's one coz I used it in November last year to port in a number."

Indeed, but not today.

@ibuddler wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ibuddler 

There is no number to call to port in. The Telus porting team can only fix an open request.

I'm pretty sure there's one coz I used it in November last year to port in a number. 

@ibuddler yes there is/was a number to call.  But, the number was inundated with non-porting issues that it was removed from the forums.  That number is only to be used if a customer has already applied to port their number to Public Mobile and experiencing problems porting.

RosieR

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@ibuddler wrote:

Hi there,

I think there's a phone number I can contact to port in my number but I forgot it now. Can someone please tell me what it is? Thanks.

Hi @ibuddler have you activated your Public Mobile sim card?  Are you porting your number from Telus or Koodo, or other provider?  

If you are porting your number from other provider, you can port your number during activation.

If porting from Telus or Koodo, you have to choose a new number first during activation, and then contact the moderators to port your number to Public Mobile.

If you have problems porting your number (like porting got stuck), then and only then you are given the porting number.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

ibuddler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ibuddler 

There is no number to call to port in. The Telus porting team can only fix an open request.

I'm pretty sure there's one coz I used it in November last year to port in a number. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The only number to call is the Telus Porting department but only for issues with an open port.

You need to keep your current account open during the port and it will be closed once the port is completed.

Here is a thread about porting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

@ibuddler wrote:

Hi there,

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ibuddler- You can port your number from you self serve portal - unless you are porting from another Telus/Koodo account.  In that case, you would need to contact moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.