cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

What's the Difference between Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile?

Hi, Here is what the KEY differences are between the 3 Brands:

1) Telus is the Premium Brand, Koodo is the Middle Brand, and PM is the Discount Brand

2) Telus/Koodo sell Subsidized Handsets, while PM no longer does

3) Telus/Koodo have physical stores, PM has ZERO, Online ONLY

4) Telus/Koodo have Call Centers as well as Online support, WHILE PM has ONLY Online support for their NEW Plans, ONLY PM Legacy, Before Jan 2016 have Call center as well as Online help

PM Shares the EXACT same Network, Telus's HSPA+4G Network as well as Koodo, EXCEPT that because PM is Prepaid, NOT ALL of areas in Manitoba are Covered, ONLY Koodo and Telus Postpaid, kinda strange

ALSO, Currently, PM has NO VOLTE yet, or VOWi-Fi, BUT hoping it will eventually, to meet the needs and demands of Canadians

Also, PM has ONLY US Roaming, BUT hoping PM will expand that list someday

PM has NO Cruiseship Roam ability, Unlike Telus and Koodo

Also, PM has Rewards that HELP lower your Rate plan, like Loyaty, Refer a Friend, Participation in Community assistance, stuff like that, while Telus and Koodo don't exactly have in same sense as PM

What's your take?

Any mistakes, please let me know

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: What's the Difference between Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile?

Great post!

The Manitoba covernis because of roaming agreements with the MTS(?) Prepaid does not have access to the roaming 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Koodo still don't have access to VoWiFi/VoLTE so don't be too sad if you are a PM user Smiley Happy haha

(https://support.apple.com/HT204039)

Public Mobile user can roam on cruise ship via Cellular at sea (Carrier code: 90118). Since Cellular at sea is a AT&T company. 

And I agree, Public Mobile should expend their roaming coverage! Even Freedom Mobile (discounted brand) can roam to many countries. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info! No boat trips in my future.  I found the switch from Telus to PM super easy.  --- no I understand why Smiley Happy