cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the phone number for customer service?

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a question regarding my account, but I cannot find the phone number to reach public mobile customer service. I called Telus to see if they could help, but they wouldn't. Could someone please tell me the number. 611 didn't give me an option to talk to someone either. Just automated options.

150 REPLIES 150

barndoor

LOL  ... of course they're going to get back to you  pdq .... 😁 

Thanks for the info  and  hoping I never have to test it  . 

@barndoor 

Lately it really hasn't mattered what time I have contacted the moderators response time has been quick between 10 minutes and an hour. Maybe in the morning it could be closer to the hour mark because of an accumulation of tickets overnight and a tendency for customers to contact moderators in the morning for autopay failures. Sim swap requests have always been answered very quickly. Its important to note that I never use simon so despite pm preferring this method of contact I don't think you get a faster response but if you don't include all of the necessary info in your first message then it does slow down the time it takes to conclude your service request.

barndoor

Yes ,I know you get it  ...but obviously there are other minions  that don't ... lol 

What is generally a good time to get a response from a moderator ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Y'know...we get it. You had a bumpy start here. Like many others, I didn't know anything about the place when I got here. Apparently unlike many others that research the heck out of everything, I didn't. It's a cell phone service. I had heard from the odd retailer that there's no support here. But I realized that I rarely need account help from whatever provider of whatever service. So after learning that this place belonged to Telus and that the rates seemed much better for what I needed, I signed up. A couple weeks later I found the community.

Moderator response times have been found to be much less than 48 hours as they mention. It can easily and frequently be within the hour during moderator times.

barndoor

@Nezgar wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

I don't recall seeing an ad  promoting self serve  .... all kinds promoting online service  .... BIG difference between those descriptions tho . 

I guess you missed this section on the public mobile home page?

online-support.png

What part of that ad should suggest to  me that the support is  self serve from customers that have no access to my account information , from a virtual  bot  that only seems to have general answers  or I can fill out a ticket  and have someone get back to me in the next day or so . 

All my correspondence to the point of sign up had been "online " chat that had no longer than a two minute wait why would I expect that to change after sign up  if not informed ? 

And yes I have seen the one spot I should have read where I would have been informed of the change and that ad is not it . 

barndoor

@softech wrote:

@Yummy wrote:

I guess, saying 'Our support is all on-line' is not exactly clear.

Some customers will assume they could contact PM staff through chat or e-mail which is not the case. That leads to further frustration and harsh words toward PM.

There IS a phone number for pre-sale inquiries though, so prospective customers should utilize it.

I always say they should have numbers for

1. Activation issue.. . if ppl can't activate.. you don't get the account (the have a porting number already.. why not expand their power to help activation??)
  2. Payment issue.. c'mon.. isn't this the bread and butter?  ppl can't pay.. where you are getting your money.. so many ppl left because of payment difficulty and they have no service for extended time.
  3. Fraud issue.. actually they do.. they have a number.. just no one pickup.. it's always a voice recording.. but we are talking about ppl lost money because of this.. and Telus on the news .. La Presse

That looks good  ... and i think one of the first payment issues that should be changed  is the asinine setup where it makes it look like the customers account has expired  hours before  your 30 day renewal is due .  How is a customer to know if there is a problem or not  if it is presented as expired prematurely  .  If anything you would think you would give a customer with successful past payment and a credit card on file a couple days grace  before you start waving the account expired banner . I can't imagine that alone wouldn't significantly reduce potential  phone traffic .

@Yummy  wrote 

"There IS a phone number for pre-sale inquiries though, so prospective customers should utilize it."

But who needs it ... the presale chat for inquiries is available "online " faster than you can make a phone call ... LOL .... it's after you make the purchase that they can't help you .

barndoor

@Meow wrote:

I cannot understand people signing up for any kind of service or buying a product without any kind of research.

It was very clear to me what kind of service I am getting from PM and type of support offered.

It might be helpful for PM to explicitly put in FAQ that support is provided by PM customers (volunteers) through PM forum (you can join forum Without being PM customer !!!) and account related issues are handled by moderators and that there is no support from PM staff.

Yes the four times I came to the PM  site and asked questions of the retail people  wasn't really research I suppose .   

Why did I need to read much because the retail  people live chatted at virtually no  wait.  ... due to the service being so prompt up front why would one expect it would all fall apart after  you are a customer ? yes , naive I know .  How many  new customers are going to bother with the forum  before becoming a customer ... same with  the FAQ ..if the retail PMers online answer all your questions why go there ? 

How can they fix it  ? Stop jumping up and down saying service is quick and easy online , when it is really, like has been said "self serve online " ... now that is a big difference that is worth researching . 

@Yummy wrote:

Some customers will assume they could contact PM staff through chat or e-mail which is not the case. That leads to further frustration and harsh words toward PM.

There IS a phone number for pre-sale inquiries though, so prospective customers should utilize it.

I always say they should have numbers for

1. Activation issue.. . if ppl can't activate.. you don't get the account (the have a porting number already.. why not expand their power to help activation??)
  2. Payment issue.. c'mon.. isn't this the bread and butter?  ppl can't pay.. where you are getting your money.. so many ppl left because of payment difficulty and they have no service for extended time.
  3. Fraud issue.. actually they do.. they have a number.. just no one pickup.. it's always a voice recording.. but we are talking about ppl lost money because of this.. and Telus on the news .. La Presse

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

I cannot understand people signing up for any kind of service or buying a product without any kind of research.

Unfortunately, Most people jump  into something with no hesitation  because of this sign:  $ .    LoL

not every mobile provider suit everyone needs.  PM does have a very "unique" model.   

Many mobile providers have started their own Forum/Community for customers to seek help.  I won't be surprise they will also turn the "live support" switch off at some point, or may introduce pay-per-support.  Maybe 5 years, maybe 10.  Telus just go to the extreme here at PM, being the first one using a true online support model.   I guess Telus would bring this success (or failure?) to Koodo eventually.

yes.. freedom (for no contract and  no terms) and help do come with a cost.. that's why they have cheaper plans here  🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It was very clear to me what kind of service I am getting from PM and type of support offered.

It might be helpful for PM to explicitly put in FAQ that support is provided by PM customers (volunteers) through PM forum (you can join forum Without being PM customer !!!) and account related issues are handled by moderators and that there is no support from PM staff.

@barndoor wrote:

I don't recall seeing an ad  promoting self serve  .... all kinds promoting online service  .... BIG difference between those descriptions tho . 

I guess you missed this section on the public mobile home page?

online-support.png

barndoor

@Gwaiiguy wrote:

Did you think they were kidding when it said self serve? 

barndoor

@Gwaiiguy wrote:

The volume of people that subscribe to a service provider that they have no idea what the basis of the service is, is mind boggling.

I do find it most enlightening that it is those who have been around here  for years or those that have hundreds of posts (so again have obviously been here a long time )  that like to bang on about this point .  Doesn't it tell you something about the the way that that info is presented/advertised that so many people miss it ?

barndoor

@Gwaiiguy wrote:

The volume of people that subscribe to a service provider that they have no idea what the basis of the service is, is mind boggling. But the fact that when they do go looking for help navigating it they start ranting on 4 year old threads explains alot. You must have known it's self serve when you signed up!??! Did you think they were kidding when it said self serve? And further.. why is this 4 year old thread not locked yet? Moderators need to be doing some modding.

I can only assume that a post has been deleted from the responses I see here  but I would like to respond to this  ...  I didn't read carefully enough when I  signed on here . The post sign up service is nothing  like the pre  sign up service  . So no ... I didn't realize what I was getting into but you learn to adapt  and once you get used to some of the stupid ways of doing things it should work out .

Kinda  like the answers to the questions you are asking above  ... the answers can  all be found in the  the previous posts in this thread if you  just take the time to go  back and read it.  .   

@tpreedy 

Wow....that kind of talk is not tolerated here on the community. Please refrain.

Gwaiiguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice.

It wasn't always self serve? Mmmk buddy.

You certainly affirmed my previous post Einstein.lolol

Gwaiiguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The volume of people that subscribe to a service provider that they have no idea what the basis of the service is, is mind boggling. But the fact that when they do go looking for help navigating it they start ranting on 4 year old threads explains alot. You must have known it's self serve when you signed up!??! Did you think they were kidding when it said self serve? And further.. why is this 4 year old thread not locked yet? Moderators need to be doing some modding.

Carter123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this company for real? Nobody to talk to? No body available to help customers???

What a shame? Simon says crap

barndoor

@Meow 

"No company can afford to have bunch of paid customer support and charge for the service what PM is charging."

My old company was very similar in pricing to what it is here if you just want to pay your bill  and use the service  ... except  they picked up the phone( no online  time wasting) and most of the rare occasions there was an issue was dealt with in minutes . I wasted almost enough time  here yesterday  to  pay for my  service for a whole year . My loss for switching. Now I just hope PM reception and the slightly better price point does  justifies the switch . 

If you are going to go for a bunch of free bonuses and referrals   then I understand it looking like a far rosier situation .  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I agree!

Had experience with both MOD's and forum support.

MODs were responsive (give them few hours, try to stay on-line and monitor your mailbox) and forum support was even better.

@barndoor wrote:

Current and future PM customers have to understand that Public Mobile is no frills mobile provider.

No company can afford to have bunch of paid customer support and charge for the service what PM is charging.

Nevertheless, MODs are here to handle account issues, SIM issues and similar problems.

From my experience, they are responsive and they do solve problems.

Even better support you will get from PM customers from this forum. There is plenty of knowledgeable people who spare some of their time to help others. In most cases you will get 2-3 or more valid suggestions and steps to perform to resolve your issue. I did experience this and am not missing 'real' customer support.

If you require 'real' customer support you are going to pay for it one way or another.

@barndoor 

Lol....you should have asked me last night! I am no fan of simple simon and I refuse to even try to talk to him!

To speed up service when sending a private message it is suggested that you include account info to verify your account to cut down on messaging back and forth before an issue can begin to be resolved.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less if there are new trainees. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Which is why new customers often get very surprised at the speed and completeness of help from their fellow customers here. Not waiting for a possibly incorrect answer from some random moderator.

The only reason to actually need the moderators is for your account where only they can do anything in it. All other relevant questions and account information questions can be handled here.

barndoor

@hTideGnow 

It just seems a little hard to swallow that  the 6 times when I had questions about plans  and switching to PM BEFORE BECOMING A CUSTOMER  I never had to wait for more than three minutes to talk to someone online ... but the day of the transition  and I have issues   and nobobody  "qualified" is  availalble  to address issues? .... regardless of Tier  the focus of the customer care  seems misplaced to me . 

Isn't it easier to keep customers than to try and get new ones  ... yesterday I was so close to going back to  my old company ... in fact  if there is another issue hear I may still .🤔 

@barndoor this is the support model for Tier 3.  Yes, its not live support and no support hotline, in returns, the price plan are slightly better compare with Tier 2 and 1 services (Koodo or Telus)

Another way to contact Mod without going through Simon (yes, it's sometimes annoying) is to private message mod directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Usually they reply within 2 to 48 hours, Just keep checking your inbox in this Community page for new message.

barndoor

@Triguy 

If I am new to the board where is the link to PMing a moderator ? Why do I have to search here to find it ? Does PM not care enough about customers to post some  quick access to help that can be easily found  by us newbies or those of us that don't live by the phone . 

I tried Simon several times yesterday  and found it  to be useless  for my particular issue  but when I tried to generate a ticket  the only choices Simon brought up were not about the issue  i was having ...the only chat I could find was with marketing people  and they could not help  me either. A moderator pm would have been wonderful  

Need Help? Let's chat.