cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to Public Mobile?

tphung5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was not understand why are people using PM Network always getting in trouble with calling, messages..even me. That is never happing with other Networks Telus, Roger.. because these function ( call, text..) are very basic of the phone.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

SQuinless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey tphung5!

I can provide you with some insight into this based on my experience working at a retail location that offered multiple carriers. As mentioned by a user earlier, many individuals use forums online to voice their frustrations regarding certain service interruptions or lack of service. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. It’s very unlikely for a customer to go online or in store and voice their pleasure with a service, however, if there is something wrong with the service then voicing a complaint is normally in order to rectify an issue with a service that you are paying for.

As for your question, just a little information for you; Public Mobile is owned by Telus. So users of Public Mobile are actually using Telus’ towers for their service. So realistically, if you have service issues with Public Mobile then you should also have problems with a Telus service.

Of course there are other variables to consider as well. Sometimes it could be a defective SIM card, or the plates that the SIM card sits on could be damaged/dirty, the phone itself may have connectivity issues based on possible damage to the internal antenna, wrong system settings and old software. There are times as well after bad weather conditions that you will notice a difference with speed/reception issues and sometimes this is caused by damage to the nearby cell phone tower that you are connected to (this takes time to be reported and then fixed). There are many more variables to consider but I found those to be the most often causes of problems when customers had problems connecting to a cellular service.

I was with Telus prior to switching over to Public Mobile. I did find a decrease in speed which I knew was going to happen because I switched from 4G with Telus to 3G with Public Mobile. As for my Voice and Messaging service, I don’t have any interruptions or connectivity issues. I do a lot of travelling around Canada and have received the same service that I had with a Telus plan with my new Public Mobile plan. 

Before jumping to conclude that that it is a service issue, run through some troubleshooting on your side and hopefully that will fix any issues you have.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I tend to agree with others in this thread... PM does have issues, but so does every other telco. The main difference is that phone calls or private communications are not made public as this community is so you see more about customer challenges.

Only comment that I will add is that PM does need to work on their communication of known issues (I think they have been doing better lately), resolution times, and response times to direct messages.

There needs to be a balance between saving costs with reduced staff vs. service levels.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The online way of handling customers is not the fastest and as others have mentioned it's all out there for everyone to see the problems unlike Bell/Rogers.  But lots of businesses are pushing for selfserve.

Here is one way the big three are pushing

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/10-fee-customer-service-calls-crtc-fido-koodo-bell-1.5130950

I've been here 5 months, one minor problem with the autopay date not lining up which was fixed in a day. Bought extra minutes online, no problem.  I'm very happy with Public Mobile

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I have had very few issues with Pm a very small percentage do ,of course they have tech issues all the companies do you just don't hear about them ,but think about it one of the main reasons besides the low rates we are here is because people have had nothing but problems with the big three and also alot of the issues here are 'operator error' lol which are usually blamed on PM although I am in no way trying to say all the issues are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@duffer900 wrote:

@tphung5 wrote:

I was not understand why are people using PM Network always getting in trouble with calling, messages..even me. That is never happing with other Networks Telus, Roger.. because these function ( call, text..) are very basic of the phone.

Thanks.

Never happening with Rogers, Bell, etc!?!?!  They have tons of bodies running their tech support centers and you typically have to sit in a queue. If they had a community system like public mobile does, it would be huge. Like the others said, no one comes in here to say how awesome it is... 

PUBLIC MOBILE IS F'IN AWESOME!!! I haven't paid for cell service in several months. I haven't had any technical issues since I got here a year ago. They're the least expensive and most flexible with their offerings. They're on the best network. They have the most rewards.

Love'em!

How's that? 🙂

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tphung5 wrote:

Thanks.

Never happening with Rogers, Bell, etc!?!?!  They have tons of bodies running their tech support centers and you typically have to sit in a queue. If they had a community system like public mobile does, it would be huge. Like the others said, no one comes in here to say how awesome it is... 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tphung5 wrote:

Thanks.

@tphung5  Public Mobile has a large number of customers that experience no issues whatsoever. The advantage of this model is that the issues are transparent. Public Mobile has nothing to hide. Is this model good for everyone? Absolutely not, but at least you see the issues upfront. I'm pretty sure the other providers have similar if not worse issues.... the only difference is that you don't get to hear about them. Smiley Happy

I prefer it this way, but hey your money, your choice.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tphung5 wrote:

Thanks.

This forum is PM support forum.  People post issues with their service issues.  People do not usually post here when everything is working.

I have 2 accounts with PM over 10 months and never have any service issues.

We do not know about the issues with Rogers or Telus when subscribers calling them with service issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.