cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a network code

Coralee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter tried to connect her Samsung 6 phone but when we put in the SIM card, it says “enter network unlock code”. What does this mean. 

5 REPLIES 5

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @Coralee,

If the phone asks for anything aside the PUK (such as sim network unlock, network unlock code, or anything that mentions the word network), this would mean the phone is locked to a specific carrier. Only they would be able to unlock the device, and it's now done free of charge as well - so you don't need to pay for the unlock code.

If you require a SIM PUK - then I could help. Simply send us your phone # and 4 digit pin# via private message

Regards,

Mary

The third possibility is, at least with Samsung, a message like "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." For that, your previous carrier might not be able to help - I know most people have had the best success with just contacting Samsung directly for that (their online chat is really good).

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Coralee,

If the phone asks for anything aside the PUK (such as sim network unlock, network unlock code, or anything that mentions the word network), this would mean the phone is locked to a specific carrier. Only they would be able to unlock the device, and it's now done free of charge as well - so you don't need to pay for the unlock code.

If you require a SIM PUK - then I could help. Simply send us your phone # and 4 digit pin# via private message

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Coralee wrote:

My daughter tried to connect her Samsung 6 phone but when we put in the SIM card, it says “enter network unlock code”. What does this mean. 

To add to what others have mentioned, Samsung has a quick online chat feature where you can get an unlock code.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Coralee wrote:

I had a similar experience with my Samsung S7 - these are the messages/prompts I was shown and what they meant:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Coralee wrote:

Your daughter's Samsung phone is locked to your previous provider.  Call them to get the unlocked code.  You can call Samsung to get the unlock code too.  You need to unlock your phone before using it with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.