cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if you used up all your airtime?

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you still receive incoming calls if you exceed your airtime?  Would you still be able to receive calls?  

5 REPLIES 5

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You won't be able to receive the call, most likely goes straight to voicemail

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So if you run out of talktime, you simply do not get call?  What will the caller get?  Straight to voicemail?  

I know about the add on but ia curious about my talktime usage if i ever used up... 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee, there's only one plan available where minutes apply and that's the $10 50 minute plan.  If you run out of minutes then you'll need to purchase an add-on, i.e. $8 200 minutes.  The $10 50 minute plan is for both incoming and outgoing minutes, it does not have unlimited incoming calls, only unlimited incoming texts.  

Suggest you just add the $8 add-on and have that bucket of minutes available to you.  Or upgrade to the $25 plan and get yourself unlimited incoming and outgoing.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@danlee wrote:

Can you still receive incoming calls if you exceed your airtime?  Would you still be able to receive calls?  

@danleeThe add-on suggested by @Jessica_T is an excellent option. There are many people here that go the route of $10 plan + add-ons and as long as your text message / data usage is low its can be a great option. Ontop of that you may want to look into getting a free calling app like Fongo, then you don't have to use up your minutes and it uses very little data and is free when connected to wifi.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@danlee wrote:

@danleeAre you on the 50 minute limited plan? Incoming is not unlimited. Incomming and outgoing counts the same. When you use up all your minutes, calling features do not work including incomming and outgoing.

If you are on the limited 50 minute plan you may want to look into buying a one-time addon of 400 minutes for $15. Those minutes will never expire and only be dipped into once your 50 minutes are up. If you seldom exceed 50 minutes per month that 400 minutes might last you for many years.

Need Help? Let's chat.