cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when I have money in my account but it's not enough to cover my monthly prepayment?

smdannie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So if I'm on the $30 prepaid plan without autopay and I refer a friend (or myself) and get the $25 credit in my account but I don't topup to the required $30 next month, what happens to my account?

Will the phone number no longer work?

Will it work by prorated days until the $25 run out?

Would it work if I switch the account to a lower monthly prepaid plan that the $25 will cover?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@smdannie wrote:

So if I'm on the $30 prepaid plan without autopay and I refer a friend (or myself) and get the $25 credit in my account but I don't topup to the required $30 next month, what happens to my account?

Would it work if I switch the account to a lower monthly prepaid plan that the $25 will cover?

Thanks

The $25 will just sit there for 90 Days and after that your Account will be Deactivated and your $25 will be gone for ever. Prepaid Credit and Services are Non Refundable in Canada.  You will not get Prorated days of service with the $25 you have when on a $30 Plan but you do have the option to lower your plan to the $25, $20 or $10 and have services for 30 Days

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smdannie wrote:

Thanks

@smdannieYour account will be suspended if payment is unable to process either from available funds or an autopay method. If your account was active when given the credit and shows up as available balance that canno't be taken away until your account is deleted due to 90 days of inactivity. Once your account is suspended it is no longer rewards eligible for new rewards as per terms of service but there are other interesting things that go against the terms so I canno't say for sure. There is no prorating at public mobile.Your phone number will no longer work while account is suspended. If you re-activate within 90 days the phone number/account will still be on hold waiting for you. After 90 days the account / phone number is no longer yours and gone.

You can switch plans depending on when and if the credit is given based on your current account status and when your renewal date is and what funds are available and when you selected the new plan if change now or at next renewal is selected. This is a pre-paid service so you need to pay before you get. You however now can change plans while in suspended mode thanks to one of public mobile's recent changes.

Need Help? Let's chat.