cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the 4G Plans?

iamnopreacher
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't see any 4G Plans. Does that mean my originla 4G (LTE) plan is now serving 3G speeds?

14 REPLIES 14

@iamnopreacher wrote:

Really??? They never ever said that. Where does it say that? Please point me to that information. Thanks.

Here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/differences-between-3g-and-4g-lte

@iamnopreacher wrote:

OnePlus 5T

@iamnopreacher 

That phone will work with PM 4G.  Some other phones may not....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iamnopreacher 

How's that screen snip coming like Dunkman showed?

iamnopreacher

OnePlus 5T

@iamnopreacher wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@iamnopreacher 

Maybe check your self service account.  Overview page and data add on section.  Does it state 3G data?  Like below.My Plan.png

If your account does not show 3G speed, your plan is LTE.  

Then why am I getting 3G speeds on my device no matter which area I am in? Shoudn't the speed be more than 3Mbps if I am on LTE?

@iamnopreacher 

It should be quicker than 3Mbps if your plan is LTE. Which model phone do you have?

I am on the 3G plan, but my phone connects to 4G.  I get LTE latency, but capped to 3G speeds.  

iamnopreacher

@Dunkman wrote:

@iamnopreacher 

Maybe check your self service account.  Overview page and data add on section.  Does it state 3G data?  Like below.My Plan.png

Then why am I getting 3G speeds on my device no matter which area I am in? Shoudn't the speed be more than 3Mbps if I am on LTE?

iamnopreacher

@Anonymous wrote:

@iamnopreacher wrote:

I just found that my speed on my device is near 3 Mbps which is basically 3G but the icon on the phone shows 4G. This is fradulent. When I signed up all these plans were marketed as LTE. I can't believe I've been paying for 3G thinking I'm getting LTE. 

You're paying for LTE technology, not LTE speed. It's still LTE...just slower.

Edit: please post a screen snip of your Plan Details page. Blank out personal info of course.

Really??? They never ever said that. Where does it say that? Please point me to that information. Thanks.

@iamnopreacher 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iamnopreacher wrote:

I just found that my speed on my device is near 3 Mbps which is basically 3G but the icon on the phone shows 4G. This is fradulent. When I signed up all these plans were marketed as LTE. I can't believe I've been paying for 3G thinking I'm getting LTE. 

You're paying for LTE technology, not LTE speed. It's still LTE...just slower.

Edit: please post a screen snip of your Plan Details page. Blank out personal info of course.

iamnopreacher

Actually, I am not getting LTE speeds. I'm getting 3G even though my account is grandfathered.

iamnopreacher

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@iamnopreacher wrote:

I don't see any 4G Plans. Does that mean my originla 4G (LTE) plan is now serving 3G speeds?

@iamnopreacher 

The plan you have is an older plan which is no longer offered.

• If your old plan is 4g then you have full LTE since you signed up at that time and it's not throttled in any way.

The new plans "3g" is actually LTE but throttled down.

Cheers

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The 4G plans are no longer offered except the 1 GB add-on.  If you have a grandfathered plan it would still be 4G.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iamnopreacher wrote:

Just the data only plan available now. No..you'll be grandfathered to keep your plan until they give notice that they're going to change it.

Need Help? Let's chat.