cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Public Mobile want?

I received a phone call from 1-800-777-1888 and a woman named "Denise" said that Public Mobile is missing an information field on my application and they need it filled out. "Denise" is not clear as to what is needed and where to submit this information once it is known. The number above comes from Telus and the call recipients do not know what is going on. There is no way to call Public Mobile to satisfy their query and no way to email them. Public Mobile could clear this matter up a lot quicker if they had some kind of call centre where I can just speak to someone and sort out whatever issue they are having. Instead, I get a series of brick walls. What a company. 

17 REPLIES 17

@Messages  If your phone works just block the caller. If PM wanted to get a hold of you they would do it via text. 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile Contact

Our mailing address is:

Public Mobile
25 York St
Toronto, Ontario M5J1V5
Canada

To be fair, it is Public Mobile management I have an issue with, not the workers. The workers are just people given specific instructions for lousy pay. Public Mobile management told workers to leave voice mails only and not receive calls and to not receive emails or texts. It is Public Mobile management I need to be put in a room with. Public Mobile management put up the nice posters and ads that say, 'come with us and it will be nice colors and flowers and a happy experience', but once you go in, it is a different story. So getting pissed off at the workers won't help much either.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Messages If you only recently joined PM and took a new number rather that transferring a number, the call may be related to the previous owner of that number. I have that situation with a number ported from Koodo and just ignore all unknown callers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Just to be clear, when you dial that number I mentioned, it does go to Telus, which is the umbrella company for Public Mobile. The Telus workers will admit to that. However, the Telus company workers have no idea how to reach Public Mobile workers. That makes complete sense because if I was working for Telus and kept getting called from pissed off clients, the first thing I would do would be to whip the phone at the Public Mobile workers' head and yell, "ANSWER THE **bleep** PHONE!!! THEY ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS, NOT OURS!!!!" So no wonder why they are in hiding.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It seems strange to be receiving such a call from a company that does not have a call center.
If it was important, I am sure they will contact you again either by email or text.

How long have you been a customer with public mobile?

Did you make any applications to telus recently?

If there was a problem with your credit card, like if a subsequent chargeback is made, then that might explain the call.

If your phone plan is functioning well and you have not made any recent applications, then I wouldn't be too concerned about the call.

Public Mobile's position is, "We need an answer, but you can't answer us! You cannot call, text, or email your answer! Answer us! BUT DON'T ANSWER!!!" Yeah, not for me.

88cranston

@Messages wrote:

I received a phone call from 1-800-777-1888 and a woman named "Denise" said that Public Mobile is missing an information field on my application and they need it filled out. "Denise" is not clear as to what is needed and where to submit this information once it is known. The number above comes from Telus and the call recipients do not know what is going on. There is no way to call Public Mobile to satisfy their query and no way to email them. Public Mobile could clear this matter up a lot quicker if they had some kind of call centre where I can just speak to someone and sort out whatever issue they are having. Instead, I get a series of brick walls. What a company. 

Does this help? Have you called the number back?

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Been-getting-a-call-from-1800-777-1888-on-my-home-it-...

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Messages wrote:

Are all your services working? Did you attempt a number port? Phone call could be related to helping you get that port over the finish line, for example.

As others have stated, depending on your needs, it is best to submit a ticket for this.

@Messages wrote:

The only ticket I want at this point is the one that gets me out of Public Mobile.

Well PM is prepaid so you are not tied into any contract, so if you decide to port your number out to a different carrier just remember to do it before your renewal and remove any CC you may have on file here. 

PM is definitely not suitable for everyone, so hope you have a better experience elsewhere.

Lar

@Messages  If you continued on with the ? at the lower right and went through the bot then there is a spot to contact the moderators with a message. I know it can be a frustrating system without a call centre but that's how they keep the price down. Other companies now charge if you use their call centres. I was with robber Bell and that was an expensive nightmare to deal with them when there was a problem. Hopefully this will all get worked out for you. Cheers

The only ticket I want at this point is the one that gets me out of Public Mobile.

@Messages wrote:

I just tried the question mark icon as you suggested and I got a 'bot' and no way to speak to a person. At this point it seems better to let my number die off than continue to deal with this stupidity.

There is no phone support available with PM, the 'question mark chatbot, better know as SIMon' is the only way to receive answers and solutions from PM employees also known as moderators.   Just ask the 'bot' to submit a ticket to the moderators.

Oh, and one more thing. The "Public Mobile" workers leave voice mails, so you cannot receive a phone call from them and speak to them like you normally would. The policy seems to be, "How can we make this as hard on the customer as we can and waste as much of their time as possible. You think Rogers/Bell was bad? You ain't seen nothing yet!"

I just tried the question mark icon as you suggested and I got a 'bot' and no way to speak to a person. At this point it seems better to let my number die off than continue to deal with this stupidity.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The only way to contact PM would be to submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Messages wrote:

A bit frustrating, no doubt. Click on the ? in lower right sside of screen to start process of contacting a moderator. Type "Contact Moderator".

Need Help? Let's chat.