cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong?

OvidiusMaximus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have been trying to contact the moderator team for 5 days now and still no response from them. I clicked the envelope icon in my account and sent a few private messages. To: Moderator_Team.

Why is no one responding? 5 days is a long time. I need to finalize porting a phone number from SaskTel to Public Mobile. Something went wrong at the Public Mobile kiosk where I got the sim card. I think some wrong information was entered and I cannot receive or send text messages. People have tried to call me and they get sent directly to voicemail. I can only call out and I can use data. I cannot access my voicemail either. Is anyone else able to reach a moderator? I cannot resolve this without the help of a moderator. Is it possible that someone else can reach a moderator and show them this message? Please, if someone can help, I would highly appreciate it. I am at my wits end. Went back to the kiosk and no one there was willing to help me either, they said there is nothing they can do. They said I must go on-line and reach a moderator. 

15 REPLIES 15

OvidiusMaximus

Thank you to all for helping me. the problem is resolved. it apparently was wrong information that I had to begin with. Again. thank you everybody

Jtucker114

I’m currently dealing with the same problem. I had to send the moderators a few messages and they did get back to me. It took about 48 hours for them to get back to me. Good luck 🤙🏻

@OvidiusMaximus

You have waited almost a week. Please send another message to Mods if you haven't already.

More info about The Public Mobile Moderator Team here

Meanwhile continue to use your old SIM. And do NOT attempt any other phone number changes online.

OvidiusMaximus

I tried that but it wont accept the number because they tried to port it at the kiosk

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you try to port your number from you Public Mobile account?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/change-your-phone-number

OvidiusMaximus

thank you! this seems to be exactly the problem I'm having

OvidiusMaximus

Yes I have an old sim and I have been using it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@OvidiusMaximus wrote:

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I have been trying to contact the moderator team for 5 days now and still no response from them. I clicked the envelope icon in my account and sent a few private messages. To: Moderator_Team.

Why is no one responding? 5 days is a long time. I need to finalize porting a phone number from SaskTel to Public Mobile. Something went wrong at the Public Mobile kiosk where I got the sim card. I think some wrong information was entered and I cannot receive or send text messages. People have tried to call me and they get sent directly to voicemail. I can only call out and I can use data. I cannot access my voicemail either. Is anyone else able to reach a moderator? I cannot resolve this without the help of a moderator. Is it possible that someone else can reach a moderator and show them this message? Please, if someone can help, I would highly appreciate it. I am at my wits end. Went back to the kiosk and no one there was willing to help me either, they said there is nothing they can do. They said I must go on-line and reach a moderator. 

@OvidiusMaximus  Landline, VOIP and Homephone ports can take a long time to complete. In some cases it can take more than a week. If there was a problem with the port you would have received a text notifying of that fact and asking you to contact the community. 

What you are describing is normal behaviour until the port is 100% complete. Phase one Public Mobile activates your account with the phone number and submits the port request. Phase two SaskTel release the number. Once that happens you will be able to receive call and texts on your PM sim.

If you need to get a status update from the moderator team you can contact them again. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your number is not ported, you can still use your old SIM until your account is ported.
And you can try to port your number from you Public Mobile account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/change-your-phone-number

@OvidiusMaximus, was your SaskTel account still active? If not, this would be the failure.

Do you have your previous SIM?  Does it still work?  If it does, please use it for now until you get a response.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K. can you tell us why moderator response times are at least 5 days?

New customers do not deserve this delay.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@OvidiusMaximus wrote:

I'm not sure how did you contact moderator team. Send private message to moderator team on this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Current wait times are as much as 48 hours.... you are getting behind the queue for some reason.

Perhaps try messaging again?

RossN
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.