cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were are my minutes going?

myhandyman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last month I was on the $15 plan and bought extra minutes. Made the change to the $25 plan since the 29 of march and have eaten 200+  minutes since and only one us call for 1 minute. Need help please

10 REPLIES 10

@myhandyman 

This whole stupid province-wide calling plan idea has been a complete fiasco. You made an honest mistake and now its costing you by deducting from your add on. ( Which one do you have?)

I would try this instead....open a ticket with simple simon the irritating chatbot. Once in contact with the moderators fully explain that you thought you were changing to the $25 canada-wide calling plan from the $15 canada wide calling plan so you could call across canada...unlimited. (Otherwise what was the point of choosing the province-wide plan to still have to use add on minutes?!!)

Changing your plan mid-cycle would be difficult but see if the moderators can reset your add on and return the 200 minutes and give you (add) the $5/500 min add on for free to your account so you can make it thru the rest of your 30 day cycle and continue to call canada-wide ( without costing you extra) until a scheduled plan change to the new canada-wide calling plan can take place.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@myhandyman 

The $15 PM plan are for people not on their phone a lot. It is a good plan for kids for emergency calls since they normally use the unlimited texting...seems that is all they do nowadays. It also limit their their data time.

You can always use a VoIP app like WhatsApp for free calls to friends and family around the world.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@myhandyman 

It sounds like you were on the $15 plan, and then you bought a $5 add-on for 500 Canada-wide minutes.

And then you changed to the $25 province-wide plan?  And since then, your calls have been deducted from the 500 minute add-on? Am I correct so far?

It's possible the minutes used from the 500 add-on may not be recoverable, however I would recommend doing a plan change for the next renewal to the $25 Canada wide plan if you are not on that currently.    Then you'll have included calling from anywhere in Canada to anywhere else in Canada.

Alternatively, you can also switch back to the $15 Canada wide plan with only 100 included minutes. 

Really, the only difference (other than out going calling limit) is data allotment between the two.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LEGO : There's some ambiguity there too as the OP said "us". Did he buy a US add-on or Canada or did he use the Xmas gift minutes?

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous It still doesn't justify 200+ minutes disappear since only one of them called for 1 minute.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@myhandyman : If you had scheduled a plan change for the 29th and had chosen the province-wide version of the $25 cost plan then your add-on minutes would be used for out of province. The kicker was that the province-wide plans were technically troublesome from the start. The puncher ( 🙂 ) was that the Canada-wide were on a so-called special price. So it seems you had chosen the province-wide version of the $25 plan. Overall, yes, the plan structure they tried out was mostly a failure from the start. Now it's back to mostly how it was but with some extras.

BearFBI

@myhandyman wrote:

Says I chose the wrong plan and only province wide talking and not Canada wide, That is exactly the same price, How stupid is that???

I dont think I understand what you mean.

What said you chose the wrong plan ? Selfserve ? What exactly are you trying to do ? switch plans ?

Province wide plans were discontinued. 

LEGO

@myhandyman Don't worry the Province wide plans were discontinued and now you may choose Canada wide plan.

>>> UPDATE: Changes to Our In-Market Plans

myhandyman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Says I chose the wrong plan and only province wide talking and not Canada wide, That is exactly the same price, How stupid is that???

LEGO

@myhandyman  Well, add-on minutes should not disappear if you not using them.

Contact the Moderators by opening a ticket here > 
Need Help? Let's chat.