cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Koodo?

shaneknysh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I ported my daughters phone via a moderator port request she received a welcome to Public Mobile message, but when I ported my number via the self service portal I received a Welcome to Koodo message. 

How interlinked are the Koodo and Public Mobile? how interlinked are they both with Telus?

Shane

16 REPLIES 16

@susellin 

Do you have a pm sim card in your phone and pm showing as your network on your phone's screen? It's just a glitch....a weird rare one but a glitch nonetheless.

susellin

So I don't need to be worried?

Haha.. Welcome to Koodo as well?  Monday, the Telus staff is still not waken up from the weekend.

susellin

But it just happened for both myself and my husband today!

Yup  @barndoor 

Porting helpline is staffed be TELUS employees wearing PM hats for porting issues to PM.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS 

When I had a porting issue getting here ... the Telus technician that fixed my situation  led me to  believe  that Telus techs do the Koodoo and PM porting , so understandable how there  could be a glitch between the two once in a blue moon . 

Good thought re a Koodo vs PM messaging glitch, @esjliv , however OP stated reference to prior carrier being TELUS, not Koodo.  (yet, still 'all in the family', so to speak...)

See this from their earlier posted reply:

"My credit on my the 2/3 Telus refund will pay for her PM account for 3 months!"

😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@shaneknysh wrote:

When I ported my daughters phone via a moderator port request she received a welcome to Public Mobile message, but when I ported my number via the self service portal I received a Welcome to Koodo message. 

How interlinked are the Koodo and Public Mobile? how interlinked are they both with Telus?

Shane

@shaneknysh 

Maybe the account did not fully port over yet, so the company to Welcome you got discombobulated.

611 is for Koodo, just like 611 is for Public Mobile.

Did you have a dual SIMs (PM and Koodo) in the phone?

It is weird, but I would not be too concerned.

Curious, did you happen to receive a text from Koodo asking you to approve the port to Public Mobile?

When I ported a number from Koodo to Public Mobile, I did not receive a text, but all ported over okay.

I did want to receive something from Koodo through

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to Koodo?  Maybe we will all get this SMS soon?  😂

Honest, with the "increase competition", it just a matter of years we will get this SMS..

@shaneknysh 

You can always use a referral code so your daughter can get a $10 discount. Referral codes are available. 😉

shaneknysh

@AnonymousI set up my daughters account first then used her referral code to set up mine to give her the recurring discount.

My credit on my the 2/3 Telus refund will pay for her PM account for 3 months!

Shane

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaneknysh : Yes in a previous federal spate of trying to make competition, Public Mobile came in to being. But big fish eat little fish. So we have the big 3 having 3 tiers of service. Telus then Koodo then PM. It's Bell/Virgin/Lucky. Rogers/Fido/Chatr.

Then there's Shaw and Freedom that are in the process of being swallowed up by Rogers.

These psychopath CEO's call it increasing competition. Uh huh.

Welcome to Public Mobile. If you used a referral code during activation then you can expect the $10 credit before 3 days but usually overnight.

shaneknysh

My sim always reported Public Mobile, it is only the welcome SMS message from the number port that mentioned Koodo. 

I knew that the Telus owned Public Mobile and Koodo and I was not exactly certain why they started a new discount brand to compete with itself (or if Public Mobile was originally independent and purchased by Telus).

The 40% savings was enough to get me to switch.

Shane

What does it say on the top bar of your phone. Public or Koodo?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@shaneknysh 

Must be a glitch in the system.  Both Koodo and Public mobile are part of the Telus group of companies.  Koodo prepaid and Public mobile share the same back end.  That is why you need moderator help to port from Koodo prepaid to Public mobile.  

As long as your phone is working fine with port, you should be fine. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaneknysh : Interesting. How sure are you that you got a PM SIM? Are you seeing PM as the network on the phone?

It is said that Koodo prepaid and this place share some infrastructure.

Need Help? Let's chat.