cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website error during activation - now SIM is shown as invalid - account not created - dead phone

jenious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to sign up for a new service last evening.  Went through the full process online with no issues - entered in SIM #, previous number to transfer with required authorization info (previous provider was Telus), entered info for new account, plan and credit card information.

After spinning for a minute or so post hitting submit the website returned an error simply saying something went wrong and to try again.  Clicking "try again" returned me to be start of the activation process.  Only now when I attempt to enter the SIM Card # it tells me that it is invalid.  The public mobile account was also never created.  My previous phone SIM however has now stopped working and has no service.  If I try to call my number I get a number is not in service recording.  Not good!  Of note, there was a text message recieved on the old service immediately after the error from 611 stating I had a new PIN.  

What information is required in order to get this remediated?  I am currently without a device an have no clear path to fix. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jenious

Thanks @Alex888 unfortunately when I try to create the account using the same email and phone number it need to verify the phone number via text - which obviously wont work at this point due to the failed/partial port.  Sounds like it's not a super uncommon issue so I guess I'll just wait for a Mod to help.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. It may be different because you are porting your number, but I just went to My Account and selected Create An Account and it accepted my SIM and the phone number I activated.

Be patient @jenious you will have your account fix!!!

jenious

Thanks -  @Lieux I sent a PM to the Mod team.  It's been 24 hours now.  The user account I entered during activation was never created so there is no self service account to go into.  It doesn't look like that process finished - something potentially timed out on the web front end potentially.  I had to create a seperate account to be able to post here.   Something at least partially finished though as the SIM card can no longer be registered and the number that was set to port no longer works on the old network.  I'm sure it's something odd on the previous providers side that broke things.

Really wish I had of seen this post first: 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @jenious 

Did you try to enter on your self serve account? Sometimes it happens...but it works...the port of your telus number can take a few hours so don't worry...but if nothing is fix you'll have to write a private message to the moderator-team ..envelopp right up with your problem..

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That's a partial activation that registered the SIM. As the Telus number is not working, the port-in has also hung up.

Unfortunately, you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days. Robot Frustrated

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.