cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Registration Error

Rhastaroth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I attempted to activate my SIM card last night, and was able to go through the entire process (including porting my old Rogers phone number) up until the payment processing page, where an unknown error occured. The website then appeared to be offline for about 15 minutes.

I did not receive any confirmation email and I was unable to login to my account with the username and password I had selected in the activation process. However, my credit card was charged, and several hours later, my Rogers SIM stopped working. I attempted to go through the activation process again at this point, but got an error message when entering my SIM number ("Invalid Sim").

I then put the PublicMobile SIM in my phone and got the following message on my phone "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".

What should I do from here?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Anna_M
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Rhastaroth,

Thanks for reaching out!

The error message you received means that the device is locked with the previous company.

That can be quickly resolved by calling them and requesting the unlock code. (right now unlocks are free of charge with all companies, but the code can only be given by the original company that sold the phone).

Let me know if anything else happens after! 😄

Anna,
Public Mobile Moderator

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Rhastaroth  Is your phone unlocked or locked to Telus/Koodo? If not, you must contact the carrier the phone is from and they will unlock for free. 

For the activation failure, it looks like your activation was partially gone through. In this case, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and after verifying your account, they will provide you with the account details so you can login to your self-serve account. If your phone is unlocked, they will also elp you with the PUK code. 

Need Help? Let's chat.