cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was working, now isn't.

BisforBrian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I recently setup an account with PublicMobile, and had no problems with the initial setup. I put in the APN settings and the data worked fine, got texts and calls, etc.

Then today I left the house and I had 4 bars... But no access to data, texting or calling or any service at all for that matter.

I haven't got a clue as to what could have possibly caused it. The account is only 4 days old, so it's impossible that it's an unpaid bill. And it worked perfect for the first 3 days of having it then just got disconnected....

I've double-checked the APN settings, restarted my phone, re-inserted the SIM among other things with no luck.

12 REPLIES 12

@BisforBrian wrote:

..... sigh....

I have no idea why, but that worked. -_- ..................

I've never touched airplane mode....

Thanks for the help!

@BisforBrian Glad you got it working. From the sounds of it it's possible that your sim card was not making good contact with your phone. If the sim card is lose in the sim tray that could be one of the causes. If it happens again you might also want to check the phone contacts for any issues.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BisforBrian wrote:

..... sigh....

Thanks for the help!

Nice. Sometimes the phone just needs a fresh connection.

That @geopublic  is awfully clever, isn't he. Glad you got it going again.

Let us know if you did try the Lost / Stolen remedy. Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons...look for Lost-Stolen ...click Suspend service. Shut down and wait for a minute. Log back in and go back and Resume. Cycle phone off / on again....and cross your fingers !

BisforBrian

..... sigh....

Thanks for the help!

@BisforBrian wrote:

Just had a look at that and was really hoping that was it, but nope. ;/

@BisforBrian  Power down your phone and remove the sim. Wait for 15 minutes insert the sim back in and power up. Does your phone connect to the PM network? If yes, when you call 611 what happens?

Cycle Airplane mode on/off. Long sshot...but give it a go.

BisforBrian

Just had a look at that and was really hoping that was it, but nope. ;/

BisforBrian

Definitely haven't used up my data. Double-checked just in case but doesn't appear to be the case.

But even if I did use up all of my data, I still can't use any the features I am paying for - Texting and calling of course being the main ones.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Any chance you accidentally activated Airplane mode ? Maybe someone else did...for you.

Hopefully it's just that simple.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BisforBrian wrote:

Hey, I recently setup an account with PublicMobile, and had no problems with the initial setup. I put in the APN settings and the data worked fine, got texts and calls, etc.

Then today I left the house and I had 4 bars... But no access to data, texting or calling or any service at all for that matter.

I haven't got a clue as to what could have possibly caused it. The account is only 4 days old, so it's impossible that it's an unpaid bill. And it worked perfect for the first 3 days of having it then just got disconnected....

I've double-checked the APN settings, restarted my phone, re-inserted the SIM among other things with no luck.

@BisforBrian When at home do you use WiFi  or data? Is it possible that you used up all you data? Check via selfserve on the first page does your data counter show? If not you used up all your data.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BisforBrian wrote:

Try the lost/stolen trick. Log into your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend, log out, wait at least 5 mins, log back in and reboot your phone.  Sometimes this will reset sim and account.

Need Help? Let's chat.