cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was my promotional plan replaced?

5Gcauses
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since my promotion was overwritten by a $35 plan that offers the same AND MORE DATA (2GB base + 500MB AutoPay) compared to my (1.5GB base + 500MB AutoPay) “did I even really activate a promotion? /s” or am I supposed to have better awareness and change my plan according to the updated; new and improved; plan policy. Usually a grandfathered plan would have some meat and gravy to keeping it, but since my cholesterol levels are wacky I guess I needed to switch my diet and get with the times proverbially. How was I supposed to know... TLDR slightly cheated out of 500MB and didn’t read the newspaper. Oooooooo my back! 

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@5Gcauses , Public Mobile doesn't change customer plans.  Generally you are grandfathered to the plan you last selected, even if it's no longer offered.  An unauthorized plan change is concerning as it might suggest there's unauthorized access to your account.  You should consider a password change.  I would also suggest you contact the moderator team to determine when the plan change was made.  Click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of this webpage to initiate a support ticket.

@5Gcauses wrote:

Hello @esjliv I am here to understand why I’m phased out and have to change it myself. I’ll say it again... “did I really even activate a promotion /s” 

Have a good day. 

Hi @5Gcauses ,

When Public Mobile update plans like this, the customer needs to take the action to make account changes.

Just like the free xmas goodies PM is giving away this Holiday Season. Did you happen to grab these add-ons? They are only available for a few more days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Go into your "Purchase Addons" and add the TWO $0 addons, at no cost to you! 🙂

5Gcauses

Hello @esjliv I am here to understand why I’m phased out and have to change it myself. I’ll say it again... “did I really even activate a promotion /s” 

Have a good day. 

Hi @5Gcauses  - yes, I did mis-read that. Thanks for clarifying. 🙂

When you go to the "Change Plan" option in your SELF SERVE account, do you see the $35/2.5 GB (with autopay)? 

esjliv_0-1599394720160.png

If so, then I would recommend to "Change on next renewal date". It will automatically start the new plan when your plan renews.

esjliv_0-1609156746332.png

I would not recommend "Change plan now", since you will be charged right away for the new plan and lose out on the $'s you already paid in your current cycle.

5Gcauses

I think you misread my post to decipher which plan I am under. I activated early July. The promotion was a $35 plan; 1.5GB + 500MB AutoPay; $10 for 30 days , $25 for data, at least that’s how I’m debited under the payment page. The new plan policy overwrites that and is $35 for 2GB + 500MB AutoPay. Hope this clears up the thread. I am not under the plan you suggested. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @5Gcauses ,

In August 2020 Public Mobile had a limited time plan promotion of $30/2GB. 

If you activated with this plan you should still have it, unless you made a plan change since then.

Did you make any plan changes? Does your SELF SEVRE still say you are on this plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.