cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning misleading Amazon.ca Public Mobile SIM card with $10 credit for $14.99

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Currently (March 5, 2020) this Public Mobile $14.99 SIM offer with $10 instant 2nd month credit   offer is available at Amazon.ca. It's free shipping with a $25 Amazon prime one day order or orders over $35. I would say, its while supplies last.

I originally thought this a deal, and have myself purchased one earlier today. Will know for sure tomorrow( Prime 1 day shipping). If its what is suggested below. It's actually over priced by $5.

11 REPLIES 11

@gblackma

Yes, it does. It's basically sending you to the market to buy magic beans from a stranger. Good luck, new customer, hope we see you around.

It's not saying "Here's a list of legit vendors" or "Look for the official PM Seal Of Approval icon (which links to a PM site to run a lookup function)".

Not every business does these things. But the ones which don't are always the ones targeted by scams and frauds.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You can return the purchase back to Amazon and buy the sim at a retail store like London Drugs.

$14.99 for a $10 item.

I can't understand why people don't buy directly from PM or from PM's authorized vendors. Online resellers add costs and conditions - and introduce risks - without any associated increase in value.

PM should link all their authorized retailers and vendors right on their "Getting Started" pages. And post a warning about avoiding unrecognized third-party SIM offers. Just telling people "you can buy a PM SIM card from strangers on Amazon" is asking to have the brand exploited and compromised, because of course customers are going always find the good deals which are too good to be true.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

hi yes in my opinion it is a scam I also purchased to find out it is a personal code for 10 dollars off not a 10 dollar discount from Public Mobile I have since got my money back 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I got the one that I purchased yesterday it's exactly as mentioned here. There is no additional prepaid $10 credit on the SIM card. It's a PM customer using their own referral code to get a  monthly reaccuring  $1 off credit, thus giving you the one time $10 credit. And selling the normal PM SIM for an extra $5. I took some pictures and packaged it for return. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

OP, edit the misleading title please.  People need to know that the item is being overpriced by $5.  

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks @Jb456 , didnt see that fine print. Since its fullfilled by Amazon. Do you think that someone just stuffed their refferal code into the package? I'm going to be a tad let down, since earlier, ordered one with another item using prime 1 day shipping.  Will find out tomorrow.

Yes that's exactly what they're doing. 

Does not mean someone has to use their referral code tho. You can use anyone's...but for a newbie they'd likely not know this and use sellers referral code.....

Yeah that's the seller trying to make a profit / a rip-off. The description may suggest a referral code to use too, which benefits the seller... If a seller sells for less than $10, you'll do better than the $10 credit...

I've seen suggesting a referral code on ebay offers before...

Thanks @Jb456 , didnt see that fine print. Since its fullfilled by Amazon. Do you think that someone just stuffed their refferal code into the package? I'm going to be a tad let down, since earlier, I ordered one with another item using prime 1 day shipping.  Will find out tomorrow.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Read the discription. 😂

Plus prime is not offered for it.

Screenshot_20200305_072350.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.