cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to port old # from koodo after losing her iphone.... old phone number was her dads account

AKOTTAWA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

Writing on behalf of my stepdaughter...

She lost her iPhone which had an account with Koodo that was in her father's name... He is on board with her taking on her own plan and keeping the number... We have no sim number or number to text to authorize.  Do we need to get a Koodo sim card to get the text to authorize the porting to public mobile now? 

What is the procedure in this scenario?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@kselmak 

I believe that because her dad is the account holder he will have to call and authorize the port.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@AKOTTAWA 

If the account is still active (even if not if it stays under Telus roof) you don't need to get another sim card. You just need to ask their customer service know that you are porting so that they will remove port block. You may also have to make another call after port initiation.

@AKOTTAWA 

This is assuming its a postpaid account because a prepaid account would absolutely need the help of the moderators. Without an active sim card from koodo to recieve the porting authorization text verbal authorization by the account holder is likely needed to authorize the port from koodo to pm.

Activate the pm sim card with a temporary number. Verbally pre-authorize the port to pm. Then log into the pm account and procede with number transfer process by filling out the form with the following info:

1. Full koodo account holders name.
  2. Phone number to be ported to pm.
  3. Koodo account #.
  4. Alternate phone #. (Optional....don't use the koodo account holder's # but this is useful if there is an issue and it serves as an additional account verifier. Use your #, a landline, work # etc...)

The port will complete in a few minutes up to 2 hours. Once you can recieve incoming calling on the pm sim card the port is complete. If you experience an issue with the port not completing call the telus porting department or contact the moderators.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @AKOTTAWA 

I'm going to send you the porting helpline number which may be of use in this circumstance given you don't have the prior SIM card and you are porting from a TELUS group of providers.

Check the envelope icon in the upper right of your screen while logged into your Community Account for a message from me which will contain the phone number for the Porting Team.

Once you have nearly completed the activation with the Koodo account number as a reference to identity the number to be ported, call the number and they will be able to assist with this process. 

shrohit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

You will on need her dad's account number and the phone number you want to port over. 

Once you have that do the follow.

Login to your Public Mobile Account

Go to: Overview > My Profile box > Click Change Number > Click Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider > Enter # you'd like to port > then fill the following.

Billing Address:
First Name:
Middle Initial:
Last Name:
Province:
Postal Code:
Street Number:
Street Name:
City: 
Will you be changing your address?
Reseller name (if applicable):
Old Account Password (if applicable):
Additional Notes:
Name on Old Service Provider account:*

Let me know if it worked. Good Luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AKOTTAWA : It should be possible. Contact the moderators. I ported from a Telus SmartHub service that didn't have voice or text but a number was attached to it , as they do, and they wanted some more information and that was that. iirc they wanted the IMEI of the device. But of course you don't have that. It's all under Telus. They'll figure it out.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@AKOTTAWA 

if you have the account# and pin from the Koodo account. you can use it to port.

my understanding is you can port between Telus, Koodo and public even if your account isn't active.

if the port fails you can call the porting team and they will fix it for you

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AKOTTAWA wrote:

Hello all,

Writing on behalf of my stepdaughter...

She lost her iPhone which had an account with Koodo that was in her father's name... He is on board with her taking on her own plan and keeping the number... We have no sim number or number to text to authorize.  Do we need to get a Koodo sim card to get the text to authorize the porting to public mobile now? 

What is the procedure in this scenario?

Thanks

@AKOTTAWA 

Officially, I would answer Yes, you would need an active account with a phone that has a Koodo SIM in it to authorize the port over to Public Mobile.

But, unofficially, maybe there is a work-around since Koodo and Public Mobile is all under the parent Telus umbrella?

Not sure really, you could submit a ticket and as the Moderators this question:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

EDIT: if you also have a Public Mobile account you could submit a ticket through the faster method...

Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.