cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting over 2 days for moderate to fix stuck port. This is ridiculous.

bradman20012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to public mobile and I wanted to port my number from virgin mobile. Outgoing calls work but incoming are still being sent to my virign voice mail. Im stuck paying for 2 bills at once because this horrible customer service seems like they take days to respond. If I had known that it was set up like this before hand I wouldve just paid the extra 20 dollars and stayed at virgin..... well i guess this is what i get for being cheap....

22 REPLIES 22

@adchatila wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@adchatila wrote:

Hello . . . I'm having the same issue and have already contacted the moderators yesterday and am waiting for their response.

Did you have to do anything with Virgin to get this matter resolved or was everything taken care of by the moderators?

Thanks!

Almost always this can be handled by the Moderators. They are taking about 48 hrs to reply right now. How long have you been waiting?

It's been about 24 hours so far.

Yeah, give it another 24 hrs, they are somewhat busy. Check you old sim it may still be working, continue using it until it stops working.

adchatila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@krazykiwi wrote:

@adchatila wrote:

Hello . . . I'm having the same issue and have already contacted the moderators yesterday and am waiting for their response.

Did you have to do anything with Virgin to get this matter resolved or was everything taken care of by the moderators?

Thanks!

Almost always this can be handled by the Moderators. They are taking about 48 hrs to reply right now. How long have you been waiting?

It's been about 24 hours so far.

@adchatila wrote:

Thanks!

adchatila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

.....I think that once Telus sees the customer numbers increasing for PM they will need and want to allocate more resources to this branch.

I don't think you'll see that happening (at least not to the degree I think you believe). Public Mobile's purpose is to draw customers into the Telus chain, and then offer promotions to move them up the chain into their post-paid plans. And it's doing a decent job of that. If Public Mobile provides EXCELLENT customer service, more plans with cheaper LTE, more data, stores, call centers, etc., there would be no desire for customers to switch. 

GC

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bradman20012

Good to hear you got things resolved. It’s unfortunate to have such a frustrating account setup experience. Hopefully things work more smoothly going forward. It seems like the most difficult times are with unsuccessful ports or account processing at the initial setup. I hope they can iron out those wrinkles.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bradman20012 glad to see the account was fixed even though it took a little.  eventhough there was a rough start I'm sure things will be much better going forward. 

thanks for reporting back, its great to hear resolutions to issues.

bradman20012

At virgin I've never had this experience, I always got a customer service representative in at most 3 minutes. The only thing ive ever paided extra for is a number change but it was needed after moving back home from university. Nevertheless I left virgin due being able to save 240 dollars a year. 

Although it took a long time I got my issue resolved by a very nice moderator, so everything is up and running as it should be!!

@savvy wrote:

@bbdata wrote:

Koodo customer service ain't much better to be honest. The way it boots you back out to their automated help while you request a callback doesn't help during frustrated times. 

Most companies are working towards customer service free models, just an FYI. Public is just the beginning. A family member is still on Koodo, and when I called in, the system is extremely limited too... Checking Virgin and Fido - they are slowly adopting the same tactics. I think this is the way of the future sadly.

Carriers have been dong things to discourage people from calling in for as long as I can remember. 

Calls to customer service start off with a deliberate stall tactic of endless menu prompts (not enough people to possibly answer all calls immediately).  That would be fine except that the carriers sometimes even make it so you can't proceed until you listen to everything.   Then, you have the multiple layers of customer servcice and support that customers sometimes get the impression that are just there to waste time, tell you what you want to hear, and then send you back and forth between different departments.  One almost gets the impression that this is done so that you don't call in.  I know that is a cynical point of view, but I can't be the only person who has wondered if some companies have done that deliberately.

Another things carriers have done is to have service charges for requests made by calling in, service charges that don't exist if you do it yourself.  This includes things such as phone number changes. Some carriers even charge a fee for each time you call in, although I can't remember a time that by the end of the call, customer service didn't remove the charge/credit it back. 

bbdata
@savvy wrote:

Most companies are working towards customer service free models, just an FYI. Public is just the beginning. A family member is still on Koodo, and when I called in, the system is extremely limited too... Checking Virgin and Fido - they are slowly adopting the same tactics. I think this is the way of the future sadly.

I completely recognize that. But the way Koodo implements it is misleading. At least I know what I'm getting into with PM

@bradman20012 wrote:

Well damned if you do damned if you dont lol.... im thinkin of just going back to virgin i dont think saving 20 dollars is worth all this stress lol. At least for now I can actually get someone on the phone 

We understand your frustration but once this is sorted you will be more than happy with the carrier. I think that once Telus sees the customer numbers increasing for PM they will need and want to allocate more resources to this branch.

bradman20012

Well damned if you do damned if you dont lol.... im thinkin of just going back to virgin i dont think saving 20 dollars is worth all this stress lol. At least for now I can actually get someone on the phone 

savvy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@bbdata wrote:

Koodo customer service ain't much better to be honest. The way it boots you back out to their automated help while you request a callback doesn't help during frustrated times. 

bradman20012

no no i was refering to if they reset my start date.

bbdata

@bradman20012 wrote:

OK well thats done maybe i wont be as mad.... lol thanks for your reply

By "thats done" I hope you mean the port!, If so glad to hear it.

Things should go very smoothly from now on for you.

bradman20012

OK well thats done maybe i wont be as mad.... lol thanks for your reply

bradman20012

The way i see it blaming public mobile is blaming whoever owns them...At this point getting an offer to migrate to koodo or telus itself sounds fantastic where i can get a hold of something right away. Nevertheless, like I said this is what you get for being cheap..... 

@bradman20012, well they certainly don't employee enough staff to deal with this now 6 weeks (or more) period of elevated response times.

When everything is running smoothly around here, responses are within 4 hours during business hours.  Right now, seems to be somewhere between 48 and 72 hours.

Don't blame Public Mobile, it's Telus who owns the operation.  Telus really doesn't want to invest here... they'd rather get you hooked on a good network, then get you to migrate upwards to Koodo or Telus itself.

mimmo

@bradman20012  mods are really good making things right. 

I have found in these situations they usually reset the billing period to when they fix the port so that  you are not paying twice.

bradman20012

yup.... paying twice what I paid for nothing. I sent account number, phone number, pin, etc. Im legit loosing my hair, is this a normal thing for such an easy to fix issue? Do they employ like 2 people to handle everyones request's ?

mimmo

@bradman20012 use your virgin sim till port is fixed.

Did you send the correct porting info to mods in your private message?

Need Help? Let's chat.