cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for my SIM Card

wendkas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered and paid my SIM card two weeks ago  and still haven't receive anything . Can u tell me when i will receive my SIM card ? If not you should reimburse your clients .

10 REPLIES 10

kenjishindo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ME TOO

order on 2021-Jan-14

@softech wrote:

@MenryG , they send by regular mail, right?  just want to confirm...

Sometimes, they send by Canada Post lettermail, while sometimes using Canada Post Xpresspost. I've also heard of them using Intelcom and UPS.

MenryG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yep regular mail, maybe it depends on your area too, I am in Montreal and it is usually faster here too

@MenryG , they send by regular mail, right?  just want to confirm...

MenryG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received mine after a week and a half. Got it yesterday and am already all set up

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There was a thread about courier delays last week.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Courier-Delays/m-p/647439

It generally takes two to three weeks for delivery.  If you need a sim right away then your best bet would be to purchase one from a local retailer.  If you are in the GTA, Canadian Cell 6 offers local pickup.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wendkas wrote:

I ordered and paid my SIM card two weeks ago  and still haven't receive anything . Can u tell me when i will receive my SIM card ? If not you should reimburse your clients .

Hi @wendkas ,

Unfortunately Canada Post (which the shipment sent to you was possibly sent regular letter post) is slow. It is basic lead times these days, 2-3 weeks, unless you are near the sending location.

Pickup a SIM at a Public Mobile provider/retail and have the one you are waiting for as a back up!

EDIT: search here to see what is by you: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

You can send an inquire to the MODS, if you really need to, but I would wait another week.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Hi, 

they had an announcement earlier saying it might be delayed

you might want to open a ticket to see if they can refund you the money:

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/, then select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

if you need a SIM urgently, try ordering via Amazon Prime or via physically @  local kiosk

(Warlmat/London Drugs/Loblaw's)  -- Some Walmart will in fact give you the SIM for free and help you setup a new account.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@wendkas wrote:

From  what I have read in this community wait times have been up to 3 weeks.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @wendkas 

Please see response below from Public Mobile (we have seen customers waiting 2-3 weeks for SIM cards by postal mail):

Hey Community,

Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, delivery times are expected to be longer than usual. 

For customers looking to purchase SIM cards, please plan accordingly and allow enough time for shipping in the case of delays.

We appreciate your patience very much! 

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- The Public Mobile Team

Need Help? Let's chat.