Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING: DO NOT SIGN UP TO PUBLIC MOBILE RIGHT NOW

Kuriby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At the moment, you will have a high possibility of:

1) Being charged the full amount with NO SERVICE

2) Account will not be activated to make changes

3) If you plan on porting a number, you will lose this number in limbo due to bugs on public mobile.

4) Lack of customer support, there is NO phone, and NO response from email up to 1-2 weeks.

I highly recommend every stays away from this company. Telus will not help you.

54 REPLIES 54

Maurth

My buddy just told me to chill, that he loves PM.  I am talking with someone now, sorry for the outburst.  I am a **bleep** some days.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Maurth please update here tomorrow morning, I'm pretty positive we can get this solved for you. I know you'll be happy once you're up and running. I personally have 8 family members with PM and they are all thrilled with the service.

Rockdaddy22
Just try and be patient, I'm sure we could get this all figured out in the morning. Once you're up and running I'm sure you'll be thrilled.

Maurth

I just figured out how to, going to do that now

Maurth

I have no idea why they would shut it down.  Same username, same password, and now it just comes up as "Something went wrong"  I tried two computers, two browsers each, and my phone which still works on Telus.... Why does this always happen to me lol.  Its like I dont belong on the internet ever

Rockdaddy22
Have you sent a private message to a mod like @Shazia_K ?

Rockdaddy22
Why would they shut down your account. This makes no sense. If you settle down, I'm sure we could figure this out for you.

Maurth

I am in the middle of well, actually I am at the beginning of getting my moneyy back from this company.  Took 150 bucks.  DCreated the account, now SHUT it down. NEVER ported my number, NEVER replied to my emails and NEVER bothered even allowing my to change my number.  I am going to CRTC and CBC tomorrow morning, Public wireless is a joke so far,  an absolute farce.

Rockdaddy22
I'm glad you've had a positive experience 🙂

Ooops

I Activated 2 lines in Nov 2016, one 1st week and other 3rd week

Ported number from Bell and Rogers

The lines were active within 30 min and numbers ported within 45 min both times.

Using PM for past 7 months and

Calling+Texting+Data = 10/10

Flawless service throughout ( I am a heavy user - travel a lot, into small towns and rural areas)

I would rate PM many notches above Rogers/Fido in terms of coverage and speed; and equal to Bell/Telus.

Rockdaddy22
What's the problem here. If anyone is having trouble please don't be shy 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @irena

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can I please know what's going on? do you need help?

Please reach out to us. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

irena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All tru!!!!!

torontoireland

Well I hope so, guess I'll just have to play the waiting game.

Rockdaddy22
You'll get your number and you'll get the promo. Unfortunately it'll just take some time, I know it's frustrating and it sucks for everyone in your situation. I believe it's worth the wait and hopefully you'll come to see that soon.

torontoireland

I'm concerned that I won't get my old number back and that maybe I will never be signed up for this deal as the problems will go beyond the closing date of the offer. What's most frustrating is that my plan with my old company wasn't that bad, I only attempted to change because a friend advised me to after being offered a bonus from PM for recruiting people to sign up. So no I've lost my old plan which wasn't that bad, and now I have no new plan and no service from PM and have no idea when this issue is going to be resolved. There has been no Facebook posting from PM or media release to address the issues, even if they just released an official statement saying that people will be contacted and they are going through the issues and expect them to be resolved in x amount of time that might reduce people's stress, but they won't release a statement because it would amount to bad publicity.

Rockdaddy22
Better to do it now before the promo ends, just get a new number if you're scared to port at first. Even if it takes weeks to get going, it's worth it, PM will of course reimburse you if you pay for something you're not getting. These threads are kind of silly IMHO.

locotdot

I initially had a porting issue with public mobile that tooka bout 7 days to fix...but to the OP - this is a selve self service, the prices are so low because there is no live customer support or a lot of other services that the "other" guys will offer you.

Rest assure, no  other company right now will give you 4gb of LTE data, with unlimited provincial talk and internetnational text for just $40 ($38 with autopay).

I came back to public mobile just days ago, and have already reffered my whole family. I am doing the porting for them because  I know exactly what triggers some issues (ie porting from telus with the same email).

The service public mobile offers you is unbeateable for the price.I haven't met a single person in Canada that doesn't overpay for their wireless service....all these other companies tell you the same $70 a month and that's it! no no...the bill always comes with added charges.

Here at public mobile, you prepay for everything. Which means you will never be charged for something unless you first take action and add credit to your account. Who looks after your wallet like that? Nobody except for only Public Mobile.

Take it from a guy that has been with all other companies...I swear ALL OF THEM..if anyone checks how many times my number has been ported during the last year they will be shocked. More than 10 times.

No other comapny right now will give you better value for your money, guaranteed.

nadger

OP is right. STAY AWAY!!

Public mobile is bordering on scam territory. What kind of company advertises a service, takes your money for that service, then turns around and says we don't have enough employees to deliver the service?

I haven't had any service after a failed port for 3 days.  I have emailed and messaged everyone i can think of... No response for three days. Now I'm seeing maybe weeks!?

I absolutely regret signing up for public mobile and I had maybe 20 family friends that were going to sign up but now won't due to my experience.

TML2016
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had issues with both accounts I set up today.

Sylvie

Transferred everything over about an hour ago...for the most part went very well.  Experienced a couple errors but quick post and search in the community forum did the trick.

Given the amount of people switching over, I can see a bit of a delay in response, especially if it a unique error.

Scooby
I just joined last night and everything went through without a hitch. Transferred my number from Bell and connected with the SIM right away.

The number took a bit to activate (30 mins or so) but working great.

Just wanted to let people know that it's not like people aren't having success.. if I did I'm sure others are as well.

eazybelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Someone's angry. 

Yes there are problems, unfortunately. But there are more successes with ports. You just don't see people posting about it. I have ported 2 lines without any issues. I will be doing a third and expect for that to go smoothly as well.

Sorry if yours didn't go so well. The mods are on it. Sucks that it's taking long but I'm sure it will be fixed sooner or later.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello, I understand your frusturation, but please refer to this post so you are informed of the current situation.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

Rest assured, your issues #1-3 will be resolved in due time.

With regards to your last sentence, Public Mobile is a company of its own, while still under the parent company Telus. Of course they would not help. That is like me signing up with chatr and expecting to get customer service assistance from their parent company Rogers.

Need Help? Let's chat.