Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING: DO NOT SIGN UP TO PUBLIC MOBILE RIGHT NOW

Kuriby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At the moment, you will have a high possibility of:

1) Being charged the full amount with NO SERVICE

2) Account will not be activated to make changes

3) If you plan on porting a number, you will lose this number in limbo due to bugs on public mobile.

4) Lack of customer support, there is NO phone, and NO response from email up to 1-2 weeks.

I highly recommend every stays away from this company. Telus will not help you.

54 REPLIES 54

@Steve486 wrote:

No problems here. Just activated 2 accounts for me and my wife and ported our telus numbers over in less than 20 minutes. I was surprised at how quick and smooth it all went.

Also another plus was my telus account was automatically closed after the numbers were ported.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂. Enjoy the savings!

Steve486

No problems here. Just activated 2 accounts for me and my wife and ported our telus numbers over in less than 20 minutes. I was surprised at how quick and smooth it all went.

Also another plus was my telus account was automatically closed after the numbers were ported.

@Me_Imin wrote:

This is good advice.  currently I'm unable to sign into my account.  There is no one at Public Mobile that responds to me, the *611 is also AI.  Any reference on the website is to a 3rd party help provider that has no access to Public Mobile and also requests your visa number for a fee

Please start a new thread and explain the situation you're experiencing in detail so we can try to assist you.

Me_Imin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is good advice.  currently I'm unable to sign into my account.  There is no one at Public Mobile that responds to me, the *611 is also AI.  Any reference on the website is to a 3rd party help provider that has no access to Public Mobile and also requests your visa number for a fee

Shady

Hey I’ve been using this service all across Canada’s West side for a about a year and a bit now. No problems whatsoever. Other than no roll over on my data every month. I never use it all. What a great alternative to paying a giant cell bill every frickin month. All the complaints on here sound like people just don’t know how it works. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I’m so happy everything worked out 🙂 Welcome to PM

Reginald

I bought my SIM at Walmart. Less than half a hour i was up and running. Ported in my number. No issues. Great service, Walmart!!

Reginald

I bought my SIM at Walmart, summerside p.e.  Ported

@Maurth wrote:

After a few years with public, I go to renew my credit card details but alas!  No account found, cannot reset password.  **bleep** public Mobile.  I am going back to Telus

Sorry this is the part I think is funny.  Someone is willing to pay more to the parent company of the one he is complaining about?!?!?  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @CarolynB

Thank you for sharing your feedback 🙂

We're quite happy to hear that your experience has been a good one and we do appreciate that you brought along your family members as well!

Hopefully we can keep making your time with us a good one 🙂

Regards,

Ashley

CarolynB

I signed up for PM close to a month ago and brought along several family members.  The activation and number porting experience was flawless for all of us.  Any questions we had in the Community, were answered within minutes.  Our experience has been great!  I would recommend Public Mobile.

superfresh89

@Maurth wrote:

to be clear.  Went to password reset.  No.  No email found.  Try my only other one.  Nope.  Disabled.  So how the F.V.C.K can I get my account back?  Whatever, this was a totaly garbage company anyway. Txts never came in in time.  Calls wouldnt connect.  What a fat steamy pile of a.r.a.b.s.h.i.t

Maybe you never created an account in the first place?

Yes, please go to Telus if you want to pay to have 24/7 support. They are the same company anyways.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Maurth,

thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear about your situation! When one receives an error message stating "login disabled", it's possible that your account has been deactivated due to non payment. Have you seized to make a payment in the last 90 days?

Either way, please send us a private message and we'll definitely look into it for you.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Maurth wrote:

After a few years with public, I go to renew my credit card details but alas!  No account found, cannot reset password.  **bleep** public Mobile.  I am going back to Telus

There is a "forgot your password" link right under the login button. If you have never logged in or created an account before you may need to create an account to be able to manage your payment options.

Maurth

to be clear.  Went to password reset.  No.  No email found.  Try my only other one.  Nope.  Disabled.  So how the F.V.C.K can I get my account back?  Whatever, this was a totaly garbage company anyway. Txts never came in in time.  Calls wouldnt connect.  What a fat steamy pile of a.r.a.b.s.h.i.t

Maurth

@getbrenda wrote:

I had the IDENTICAL experience. 

1) Expect delays in activation - CHECK

2) Expect delay in port - CHECK

3) DID NOT EXPECT No service 36 hours later and no response to Moderator inquiries 

4) DID NOT EXPECT - No confirmation that my number I have had for 13 years might be "lost" in port

5) Ported out to Telus VERY reluctantly

5) DID NOT EXPECT Company to simply send me a cut-and-paste quote from policy and lock me out of my account login - making it impossible for me to even get a line working or get SOME use out of the service I just paid for 3 days earlier and NEVER got a second of mobile service.

When I go to a grocery store - self service means checkout, pay, bag your self. Public Mobile's idea of self-service is that I have pay $ to drive to the field, kill the cow, butcher it, pack it, and have them take it away from me at the door, showing I didn't properly read their policy on killing cows.

Managing your own self serve account is not at all like having to slaughter your own meat.  The only weak point of this service is the significantly reduced customer service reps resulting in longer turn around times.  That said, most customers get by with rarely having to rely on the moderator team.  If you are the type of customer that needs full service all the time then this place is not for you.  Just because this service does not fit you, it just means that only, nothing more.  Enjoy yourself at Telus where you get taken to the wood shed where the beef is served.

Willaug56
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No problem on my end, was quick just a little impatient on my part still waitng for Virgin to get their act together service has been working great 

Rockdaddy22

If you don’t make any errors in your porting request it’ll be quick and painless. For anyone reading this, just use your account number and full name when porting. 

Unfortunately the wait times are ridiculous right now. 

When you port out of any carrier your account is closed unless you have more than one number on the account. 

getbrenda

I had the IDENTICAL experience. 

1) Expect delays in activation - CHECK

2) Expect delay in port - CHECK

3) DID NOT EXPECT No service 36 hours later and no response to Moderator inquiries 

4) DID NOT EXPECT - No confirmation that my number I have had for 13 years might be "lost" in port

5) Ported out to Telus VERY reluctantly

5) DID NOT EXPECT Company to simply send me a cut-and-paste quote from policy and lock me out of my account login - making it impossible for me to even get a line working or get SOME use out of the service I just paid for 3 days earlier and NEVER got a second of mobile service.

When I go to a grocery store - self service means checkout, pay, bag your self. Public Mobile's idea of self-service is that I have pay $ to drive to the field, kill the cow, butcher it, pack it, and have them take it away from me at the door, showing I didn't properly read their policy on killing cows.

Rockdaddy22

It’s a prepaid carrier, why should they give you a couple days to cancel. Public Mobile has its issues like any carrier, but it’s definitely not a scam. I’m been loving my service for over 2 years now, saved lots of money 🤑

TGR

Chatr and Freedom way to high service's, than this crap ,i misled , i wanted to cancel right the way they are machines for stealing money this way they scamming as many stuck in it this ,this way isn't the way to satisfied the costume's they  should give you 1-2 days  a time to cancel but right the way they charging the credit card and that's it shame on them plus public mobile wants to increase the fees as they can afford it as no more new customer in as they are scam artist .

Rockdaddy22

wrote:

they are big scam . just stilling your money and you stuck shame on them i complainted to CRTC i opened a case i need my money back i never had a service they chage me right the way after buying SIM card too ,all other services are much better from CHATR mobile ,Freedom ,etc ,shame who is running this scam process under the name of self sevice .i have to change my credit card number to not continue charging me i encourage each of you complain to CRTC https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

If you just turn off autopay they stopping taking payments. Maybe this service is to complicated for you, maybe chatr is more simple for you. 

Rockdaddy22

Settle down

TGR

please complain and open a case with https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

i did it ,as i fell i scammed in a good way i need my money back ,after wasytining 6 hrs to deal with these bad service under self service ,at lest some one from them to chat ,stealling money only

TGR

they are big scam . just stilling your money and you stuck shame on them i complainted to CRTC i opened a case i need my money back i never had a service they chage me right the way after buying SIM card too ,all other services are much better from CHATR mobile ,Freedom ,etc ,shame who is running this scam process under the name of self sevice .i have to change my credit card number to not continue charging me i encourage each of you complain to CRTC https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Rockdaddy22
Don't be sorry, phone service is very important and I understand. We'll get you up and running, I assure you.
Need Help? Let's chat.