cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher not correctly applied.

nthao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, in the previous month, my phone was under the 20$ plan including only voice calls. This month, I've added a voucher for 25$ to get the voice calls + text messages. However, instead of applying that plan, I got again the 20$ deal and the rest of the money was kept as a credit. Can someone PLEASE reverse that for me? Take the remaining balance so I can have my 25$ plan as intended from the beginning. I need my text messages for this month. Thank you.  

7 REPLIES 7

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There's also textnow.com which is similar to fongo, but allows for wifi calling in US and Canada, as well as both incoming and outgoing texts. They'll give you a useable phone number, and it's - free. Always a good thing.

@nthao As a temporary solution to receive text messages try fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi but also allows incoming SMS at no charge.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@nthao

Only a moderator can make changes to your account.  So you could private message a moderator to change from $20 to $25 plan.  Unfortunately, the wait times are about 72 hours.  

Since PM is prepaid, whenever you pay for your plan, you agree to pay for the next 30 days at that rate.  If you change your mind, you can change your plan immediately, but need to pay the new plan rate for next 30 days.  Public mobile does not pro-rate plans or refund partial plans.  

Besides waiting 2-3 days for moderator, if you need text right away, you could purchase the $25 plan and wait the 2-3 days for the moderator to adjust your account.  Moderators are usually accomondating and likely will credit your account $20 for the following month.  No guarantees though....  

nthao

So because the system did not recognize that I wanted the 25$ plan, you are telling me that in order the get my text messages this month, I will have to pay 45$??????? Can you please provide a more logical solution? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nthao wrote:

Any way I can have it done now? I did not know I had to change it manually like this. 

Yes, your need to click on [Plan and Add-Ons] tab.  Then click on the [Change Plan] button to select the plan that you want to change to.  You have a choice to change it now or change it on your next renewal.

Since you just paid yout $20 for the old plan, if you select change plan now, you will need to pay the $25 cof the new plan because PM plans are prepaid and there is no refund of the unused portion of your $20 plan.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

nthao

Any way I can have it done now? I did not know I had to change it manually like this. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you change your plan to the new plan?  

It seems you still on the old plan, that's why they charge you $20 only, so you have 5 dollar credit to be used next cycle or addon.

Need Help? Let's chat.