cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Payment at Renewal Time

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Happy New Year To All ! My question is about account renewal payments and vouchers. Been with PM for one month coming up and so far so good Smiley Happy. I took a $40 plan on 30 days and purchased two $40 vouchers at Walmart when I purchased my sim card there. I applied both vouchers at activation to the account ( I activated myself online ). It shows I still have $40 in funds available in my account. When my renewal happens in a few days will it automatically draw the funds out or do I need to apply the funds to the account myself? Will this process be automatic as long as I keep account balance topped up to plan?

9 REPLIES 9

@Patmac wrote:

I had 20.00 left on my account and activated a new 22.00 voucher over the phone so account balance is 42.00, on 40.00 plan so I don't need to do anything else. I tried the payment box on the site and said I couldn't use it, I assume because I already used the number when I called in. Thanks, just want to be sure

For successful renewal, you do not need more in your account balance than what is due at that time.

Patmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had 20.00 left on my account and activated a new 22.00 voucher over the phone so account balance is 42.00, on 40.00 plan so I don't need to do anything else. I tried the payment box on the site and said I couldn't use it, I assume because I already used the number when I called in. Thanks, just want to be sure

cprnicus

"It's recommended that you stay away from your self serve account since there is all kind of weird messages flashing up that could prompt you to interfere and possibly trip the system so that the renewal fails even if there are enough funds. As long as your service functions just sit back and leave the account alone during renewal (or just sleep through the whole thing... 😉 )."

Sounds like the best plan yet ... leave well enough alone !

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

At time of renewal (the night you see mentioned on your self serve overview page)

Step 1: The system will convert any rewards you are eligible for into available funds.

Step 2a: It then checks if  the available funds are equal or higher to the cost of the plan that will be renewed (or activated if you had done a futuredated plan change at least a couple of days before renewal date).

Step 2b: If there is less available funds than plan cost and you are signed up for auto pay, the system charges the remainder to the credit or debit card on file.*

Step 3: The plan will be renewed in the early morning hours of the next day. (mine usually is done by  09:00am)

*Note: If there are not enouch funds and no card on file to draw funds from the plan will not renew and your account goes into suspension. You have 90 days to reactivate your account by adding funds. After that your account is not accessible any more, your phone number is lost and your SIM is dead.

It's recommended that you stay away from your self serve account since there is all kind of weird messages flashing up that could prompt you to interfere and possibly trip the system so that the renewal fails even if there are enough funds. As long as your service functions just sit back and leave the account alone during renewal (or just sleep through the whole thing... 😉 ).

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cprnicus

Also...when you see the self serve page saying expired..suspended..dont worry...part of the process

cprnicus

TYVM! 

cprnicus

Great! TY.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cprnicus wrote:

Happy New Year To All ! My question is about account renewal payments and vouchers. Been with PM for one month coming up and so far so good Smiley Happy. I took a $40 plan on 30 days and purchased two $40 vouchers at Walmart when I purchased my sim card there. I applied both vouchers at activation to the account ( I activated myself online ). It shows I still have $40 in funds available in my account. When my renewal happens in a few days will it automatically draw the funds out or do I need to apply the funds to the account myself? Will this process be automatic as long as I keep account balance topped up to plan?

You're all set for another 30 days. Nothing more to do as it'll come out automatically. Welcome to PM.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cprnicus

Your good to go....happy new year..

Need Help? Let's chat.