cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail.

noelle123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I access my voicemail?

When I call "1" it says it's dialing voice mail but then immediately hangs up.  Same problem when I call 1 + my 10 digit number. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Caltor wrote:

Good day. I have the same problem. I try this ##21# and then ##004#. I got a message saying call forwarding, connection problem or invalid MMI code. Any though? Thanks.

@Caltor& @noelle123 - remember to hold / longpress 1, as simply dialing "1" will definitely induce the "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." response.

If still no go, first see if you can directly dial one of the many voicemail access numbers across Canada listed here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

If that works, but a long press of "1" doesn't work, then you can just set one of the above numbers as your access number, or continue to troubleshoot why the internal voicemail access number associated with longpress "1":

On android you might be able to dig into the settings in the phone app and edit the voicemail access number, ie something like:

Phone > Settings > Speed dial settings > 1 Voicemail > Setup > Voicemail number > +13065804001

for iPhone, dial the following code to set the number your phone calls when you hold "1" for voicemail: *5005*86*13065804001#

Caltor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day. I have the same problem. I try this ##21# and then ##004#. I got a message saying call forwarding, connection problem or invalid MMI code. Any though? Thanks.

Any number should work really

What plan are you on

Are you out of your minutes

Did you put +1 ahead of the number

@noelle123 try dialling ##21# then ##004# to reset your call forwarding. restart your phone and try dialing '1' again

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@noelle123  Try 902-580-4001

Anonymous
Not applicable

@noelle123 wrote:

I'm in Newfoundland. There is no number listed. I tried all the ones there but none of them worked. 

Can you call any other numbers? Is your service active? What happens when you dial 611?

Log in to the self-serve and see that the account is active. Use the Reset Voicemail Password function that resets it to your 10 digit phone number.

Are you certain your phone is on Public Mobile?

AE_Collector

What kind of phone do you have. 

noelle123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in Newfoundland. There is no number listed. I tried all the ones there but none of them worked. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@noelle123 As indicated by @totalUser you need to go into your phone settings and manually add the voicemail number. Here is a previous post by @Nezgar that lists all the numbers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Call your cell number. It will bring you to your voicemail.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You should change the voicemail number in your phone settings

Which province are you in?

Here is useful link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N... 

Courtesy of @Nezgar 

Need Help? Let's chat.