cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Ronmac24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I go to get my voicemail my screen has a message saying " Error performing request Unknown Error" At the bottom of my screen I have a tab that says "Dismiss". Has anyone had this problem?

13 REPLIES 13

@angieprokopetz If tapping your voicemail button on your iPhone  does nothing or gives an error this issue is usually caused by your voicemail number not being programmed correctly into your iPhone.

You have to set up your voicemail number in your phone settings. The number is your area code -580-4001.

angieprokopetz
Hi, when I tap voicemail on my iphone it goes to error performing request unknown error. I had an old iphone 5 when I switched to public mobile, I thought it was a phone problem. I recently upgraded and it is still not working. People could leave me messages but I couldn't access. The advice of just calling my phone number that I read on the community page, just gave me access to my voicemail for the first time in months. Clearly, I wasn't missing my voicemail! But it should probably be fixed somehow,
any help would be appreciated!

@angieprokopetz can you explain the issue you're having so we can try to help you?

angieprokopetz

I have the same error. Calling my number like suggested did give me access to my voicemail, but I still get the same error on my phone. But I appreciate the help in getting to my voicemail the old way!

@Ronmac24 Glad to hear that issue was easily and promptly fixed. Welcome to PM and enjoy savings. Happy Monday.🙂

Ronmac24

Thanks. Restarting the device fixed my voicemail problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ronmac24 wrote:

Thank you. The fix was as simple as restarting my iPhone.

You might be familiar with other forums where the thread starter "closes" the thread. Here, the Accept as solution has some meaning. Perhaps click on the 3 dots in the upper right of your solution post and remove the solution and then re-click the button on Dunkman's reply.

Ronmac24

Thank you. The fix was as simple as restarting my iPhone.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Ronmac24 

It is likely still setup to call the voicemail of your previous provider. Try resetting/restarting  your phone.

You can dial your own number or one of the voicemail mail numbers (such as area code + "580-4001". And optionally add this number to your speed dial.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ronmac24 wrote:

When I go to get my voicemail my screen has a message saying " Error performing request Unknown Error" At the bottom of my screen I have a tab that says "Dismiss". Has anyone had this problem?

@Ronmac24  What happens when you call your own number from your device or 647-580-4001?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ronmac24 

More details may be helpful.  Did your voicemail work before?  New problem versus old? Everything else work?  talk, data and text?  

Maybe try rebooting your phone. Network reset?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ronmac24 What's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.