cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail number unable to be set

vdang06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an issue identical to one posted before in this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Can-only-access-voicemail-by-manually...

I am unable to set my voicemail number (holding 1 on dialer). Dialing my voicemail number works just fine, but it would be nice to be able to set it so I don't have to dial it manually each time.

EDIT: I messaged a PM Mod, and was able to resolve the issue. She helped reset the back-end and it worked.

18 REPLIES 18

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@fkombe wrote:

Thanks the help geeks ... I've finally recieved a response from Mod_Team; hoping for a solution from there. 

So...you're gonna thank people while calling them names. I see.

@Anonymous in fairness, one of the people is a self-professed computergeek....  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

fkombe

@Anonymous wrote:

@fkombe wrote:

Thanks the help geeks ... I've finally recieved a response from Mod_Team; hoping for a solution from there. 

1,000 apologies 🙏🏃🏽‍♂️

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fkombe wrote:

fkombe

@fkombe you can probably see the number for voice mail in your history usage(plans and adds-on in your self serve account)... when your plan is activated the system set up the voice mail too....number which ended 4001 or 4002...???? You can dial it with your home phone too....

@fkombe wrote:

I've been sending PM to Moderators a no response! Does anyone have their number? Emails to support@publicmobile.ca are not being answered.

I use S-Note

Public Mobile does not accept e-mails to customer service/support through e-mail, phone, twitter, facebook, or any of that.  The only way to receive support is to send a private mesaage through this website to Moderator_Team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Since you've alredy sent them a message, I'm hoping they'll get to you soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the settings for your dialer there should some items to set call forwarding ie. voicemail. Depending on the province you're in but it might also be simply your area code and 5814001. If it's not your area code then try other known area codes in your province.

You can try to dial it like a regular call to see if you can get there. Make sure to include the 1 in front.

fkombe

Thanks z10user4,

Phone keeps asking for voicemail number. I have none and so am unable to access voicemail.

Am using Samsung Note 8... any guidance will be much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fkombe wrote:

I've been sending PM to Moderators a no response! Does anyone have their number? Emails to support@publicmobile.ca are not being answered.

I use S-Note

The only method of support here is via private message through this community.

We might be able to help you here though.

What's the problem?

fkombe

I use S-Note

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

wrote:

I have an issue identical to one posted before in this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Can-only-access-voicemail-by-manually...

I am unable to set my voicemail number (holding 1 on dialer). Dialing my voicemail number works just fine, but it would be nice to be able to set it so I don't have to dial it manually each time.

@vdang06 try this

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/TIP-Setting-voicemail-auto-dial-on-iP...

EDIT: Sorry, just saw you have Samsung. Above is for iPhone

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@vdang06,

You should be able to change your voicemail number manually on your phone. To do that:

Tap phone

Tap more

Tap settings

Tap voicemail settings

Tap voicemail number

Update with Public Mobile's local voicemail access number the moderators provide you.

vdang06

Yes. I have already tried that, I will await a PM mod for assistance. 

wrote:

My phone is the Samsung S7

Check the voice mail settings in the dialer app, see if it's getting the number from the network.  If not, then the moderator team assistance may be needed to get the network to properly push the number.  

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

that's weird, when i switched my provider (using same phone), the VM number was automatically changed...

vdang06

My phone is the Samsung S7

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The voice mail number is automatically set by the network.  Depending where the phone is located, a local number is assigned.  Hard coding a number would trigger a long distance call, not good for those with provide wide calling plans.  Long press 1 is a shortcut to the network assigned voice mail number.  Not sure what further optimization can be done here.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.