cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Mango31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. Have new plan with Public Mobile. Landline was ported and active as of today on my cell phone. My voicemail is set up and active but isn’t kicking in when someone calls. The phone just continues to ring endlessly on their end.  I did change the length of ring time to 30 seconds(before it being forwarded to voicemail). Maybe that’s messed things up? 

4 REPLIES 4

Mango31

I think I accidentally turned off call forwarding when rejigging ring time. I think it has been resolved. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mango31 wrote:

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. 🙂

Have changed ring time to 25 seconds and voicemail still not kicking in. But a couple of times when i’ve been dialing and there has been a call, it has gone straight to voicemail. 

Maybe one of the call forwarding to voicemail settings isn't right. If it went there when you were "busy" then that might be where you have to look. All the forwarding stuff should be in the dialer. There are also codes you can "dial" to control things.

This is a reference for some call forwarding codes.

Mango31

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. 🙂

Have changed ring time to 25 seconds and voicemail still not kicking in. But a couple of times when i’ve been dialing and there has been a call, it has gone straight to voicemail. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Mango31 wrote:

Hi. Have new plan with Public Mobile. Landline was ported and active as of today on my cell phone. My voicemail is set up and active but isn’t kicking in when someone calls. The phone just continues to ring endlessly on their end.  I did change the length of ring time to 30 seconds(before it being forwarded to voicemail). Maybe that’s messed things up? 

@Mango31Hi Mango, and welcome to public mobile 🙂 As I understand you are allowed between 5 sec and 30 sec (in 5 sec increments).  I wonder if there is a glitch (we have quite a few) with it being at the maximum interval?

Try setting it to 25 seconds and see what happens

If your phone is off, does it go to voicemail instantly?

Need Help? Let's chat.