cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail call log

Kimmie0750
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Under the voicemail on an iPhone is there anyway to have a list of missed voicemail calls. I was with rogers and they had an option that I could see who left a message. Does public mobile have a setting to do this?

14 REPLIES 14

Some apps will send you SMS notifications when you receive a voicemail.

I don't see any value to them, however. Your voicemail already works all by itself, whether the callers leave messages or not. And your phone already logs a history of missed calls, so it's not hard to figure out who called and when they called, even if they don't leave a message.

My logic is that if incoming communications are "Important" then they'll leave messages, they'll tell you how to contact them, and they'll try again. If incoming communications are "Urgent" then they'll make multiple attempts with every method they can find. If incoming communications are not "Important" and not "Urgent" then it really doesn't matter if you miss a message anyhow. Although these days people will text and email and call and leave little comments all over your social media blogs if they want your attention.

@Korth wrote:

I think there's some options buried somewhere in the voicemail menu system ... try the "extended voice prompts" which let the computer babble away prolifically about the caller's number, time, date, etc.

Ah yep you're right - I just tested with short prompts - after listening to or interrupting the message press 5, it will announce the time, and the phone number "Sent by XXXYYYZZZZ" 👍

I think there's some options buried somewhere in the voicemail menu system ... try the "extended voice prompts" which let the computer babble away prolifically about the caller's number, time, date, etc.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kimmie0750  No. Only thing saved on iPhone is list of callers, no list of who left messages. 
If you really want that facility get a Fongo.com account, forward your unanswered calls there. You can have Fongo send you an email of every message. 

@shaker that is a brilliant idea and also good to know that you can keep them indefinitely. A little fandangling and your all set. Thank you @mimmo as well for sharing this.

Thanks for the mention @gblackma 

@Kimmie0750- As others have noted, Public Mobile doesn't offer visual voicemail, but they do support customizing the conditional call forwards that are by default set to PM's voicemail deposit numbers, so I have a workaround for you.

Check out YouMail. Sign up for a free account, and they will give you a phone number to set your conditional forwards to use their voicemail service instead. You can install their app if you want to, but it's not needed. (I don't) When someone reaches my voicemail, whether they leave a message or not, I get an e-mail with a sound file attachment, the Caller ID of the caller, and a text transcription of the message.

You can use the website to customize settings, announcement, etc.

Their settings will indicate to dial the the three numbers to set the settings separately: (xxxyyyzzzz being the Canadian number that they provide to you)

*61*xxxyyyzzzz#

*62*xxxyyyzzzz#

*67*xxxyyyzzzz#

but you can set them all at at once with *004*xxxyyyzzz#

If at anytime you want to return to Public Mobile's voicemail service, dial ##004# which will reset all three conditional call forwards back to the Public Mobile default.

(as previously mentioned Fongo/FreePhoneLine/voip.ms are other comparable options - but I don't think they offer notifications of calls that don't leave a message or text transcription)

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile does not offer visual voicemail. And if it did, you'd be paying for it.

I set up conditional call forwarding to send unanswered calls to a free Fongo phone number (calls are forwarded to the PM voicemail number by default). The call forwarding is free, and I have Fongo set to send the voicemail to my Gmail. If a caller leaves a message, it appears as an audio file in my Mail app. It works seamlessly and you can keep important voicemails in your email inbox indefinitely.

Fongo has an app that can also display your voicemails like true “visual voicemail”, but I find it unnecessary with the email function.

Regards.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kimmie0750   I have set my calls to forward to fongo if unreachable and after x rings or buzy.  And set fongo to go to voicemail after 1 ring.

I now have a visual voicemail type display .  It's a 3rd party workaround as @computergeek541 was referring to and I rather like it 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. The caller may hide their number anyway.

You can in fact leave a message for someone without calling their number. Then you merely get a notification.

@RossN 

Checking your call log on the device or even in Self Serve would not definitively tell you who left a message.  I suppose that it's possible only one person may have called since the last time someone left a message, but I believe that it's possible for someone to leave a message without calling your actual phone number.  This also would not cover cases in which the caller blocked the call display information. But, if someone's going to go through trouble of checking self serve call history, why not just check the messages?

@Anonymous 

It comes down to that Public Mobile does not have any visual voicemail services allowing you to listen to the mesaage by clicking on a link and that they do not send a text message informing you who left the message.

A Public Mobile customer could use some type of third-party voicemail solution, but that would fail to be a service that Public Mobile is providing.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Kimmie0750 hello you should be able to find a log of all your incoming (and outgoing) calls in your self serve account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

Welcome to the community @Kimmie0750 I'm aware of no such option. Maybe some of the others may know if there is one. @Luddite , @Anonymous , @Nezgar , @Korth , @Jb456 and @sheytoon. please help. Thanks. Stay safe. 

We've already heard from a long time now Retired Oracle participant.

I would say to use the call log notification in the dialer to know there was a missed call. There would be a time stamp. If they left a message there would be a time stamp of that notification to conclude who it was.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied with the Retired Oracle reply.

And I don't know nothin' about no stinkin' Apple product 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the community @Kimmie0750 I'm aware of no such option. Maybe some of the others may know if there is one. @Luddite , @Anonymous , @Nezgar , @Korth , @Jb456 and @sheytoon. please help. Thanks. Stay safe. 

@Kimmie0750 wrote:

Under the voicemail on an iPhone is there anyway to have a list of missed voicemail calls. I was with rogers and they had an option that I could see who left a message. Does public mobile have a setting to do this?

You'll need to listen to your messages to know who left them.

Need Help? Let's chat.