cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Fail

ecnivthane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to access voicemail.  Phone indicates call failed upon attempt.  When I try to update my access number public mobile says I don't have a 'talk' plan so no voicemail.  However, I DO have an unlimited talk plan...

16 REPLIES 16

@ecnivthane wrote:
Thanks! I'll do that

@ecnivthane  One more thing i forgot to mention is that others have suggested to reset the network settings on an iPhone to fix similar issues. Might be worth a try while waiting for the moderator to respond.

ecnivthane
Thanks! I'll do that

@ecnivthane wrote:

I think my problem lies with my account set up with public mobile.  For some reason the system thinks that I don't have a "talk" plan even though I do, and use it regularly...  I have no idea how to contact public mobile directly to resolve.  any ideas?

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

ecnivthane

I think my problem lies with my account set up with public mobile.  For some reason the system thinks that I don't have a "talk" plan even though I do, and use it regularly...  I have no idea how to contact public mobile directly to resolve.  any ideas?

@ecnivthane wrote:

still wondering how "open phone app and enter that number as the VM number"  I don't see where the voicemail access number should be entered...

@ecnivthane  That's for Android based phone. iPhones are a different animal?Smiley Happy

ecnivthane

still wondering how "open phone app and enter that number as the VM number"  I don't see where the voicemail access number should be entered...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ecnivthane wrote:

I am unable to access voicemail.  Phone indicates call failed upon attempt.  When I try to update my access number public mobile says I don't have a 'talk' plan so no voicemail.  However, I DO have an unlimited talk plan...

@ecnivthane  This might help for an iPhone 6s:

iOS: How to fix/change Voicemail number
  1. Go to the phone's keypad.
  2. Dial *#5005*86# and “call it”
  3. A phone number will appear, which is the one currently associated with the voice mail. ...
  4. Now, call *5005*86*<insertPhoneNumber># and replace the placeholder with your phone number, starting with the country code (1 in this case for North America).

ecnivthane

Sorry, Im not sure what you mean?  Where do I access that?  in settings?

@ecnivthane wrote:

Thank you, yes, calling +16475804001 allows me to access my voicemail.  The voicemail button on my phone (iphone 6S plus) still doesn't work, but at least I can get the mail!   thanks again

@ecnivthane  Just open yout phone app and enter that number as the VM number and you should br able to access VM from your notification bar 

ecnivthane

Thank you, yes, calling +16475804001 allows me to access my voicemail.  The voicemail button on my phone (iphone 6S plus) still doesn't work, but at least I can get the mail!   thanks again

@ecnivthane wrote:

No, I get the same result...  just call failed

@ecnivthane  What is the make and model of your phone? Can you dial +16475804001 vm directly?

ecnivthane

No, I get the same result...  just call failed

@ecnivthane wrote:

I get through to public mobile

@ecnivthane  if you hold down 1 on your phone does it go into VM?

ecnivthane

I get through to public mobile

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ecnivthane wrote:

@ecnivthane  When you dial 611 on your phone what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.