cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail

EvanW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you able to turn off and disable voice mail?  When I check my usage history it shows calls to voice mail but I don't have any calls on my iPhone history to match what is being counted with Public Mobile.

21 REPLIES 21

EvanW

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

You say "calls to voicemail"...do you call voicemail ? Thats how they're being counted...when you call them.

Nope, I don't check my voice mail.  That's why I am stumped why it's registering on my usage history.

Did you not set up your voicemail? That's what is counting in your usage.

I set up my voicemail when I got my phone last month. I understand those charges, but I haven't call it since that time.  The most recent voice mail calls registered as recent as yesterday and I DID NOT call voice mail.  I am a student on the $10 plan so trying to be cautious.

Ok I get what your saying and I am very good with money so I'll give you some insight and you can decide what to do with it. The  $10 plan is bare bones you almost don't have a phone. You can add on calling but not texting. Your 50 calling minutes are both in and outgoing. That why it's registering. If you can eke it out to renewal I suggest thiis: a little more up front but worth it. On renewal switch to $15 plan...unlimited texting+ incoming calls/ 100 min outgoing sign up with auto pay-you get 250mb data bonus and the $2 reward off your bill. Now you pay $13 a month only $3 more and you can easily manage your outgoing calls. Tell all your friends and family to call you or text. While you're doing that tell them how great pm is and refer a few people... $10 credit for them and $1 reward off each month for each referral. By the $5/500 min add on it can last you a year!  An extra $0.42 a month for 42 extra minutes a month average.... with a few referrals you will be back down to $10 a month with way more service. I'm only one month in on pm and I'm paying

$6 for my $15 plan. So think about it.

@EvanW  Just an fyi it was I that gave you the breakdown...happy you took my advice I'm good at saving money. Now get out there and hustle a few referrals you're surrounded by students on a budget it shouldn't be too hard. Good luck....dont let it take away from your studies though!

@darlicious , my apologies this whole community message board thing and Public Mobile are new to me!  I do appreciate your help, and thank you for your response.

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

You say "calls to voicemail"...do you call voicemail ? Thats how they're being counted...when you call them.

Nope, I don't check my voice mail.  That's why I am stumped why it's registering on my usage history.

I set up my voicemail when I got my phone last month. I understand those charges, but I haven't call it since that time.  The most recent voice mail calls registered as recent as yesterday and I DID NOT call voice mail.  I am a student on the $10 plan so trying to be cautious.

Ok I get what your saying and I am very good with money so I'll give you some insight and you can decide what to do with it. The  $10 plan is bare bones you almost don't have a phone. You can add on calling but not texting. Your 50 calling minutes are both in and outgoing. That why it's registering. If you can eke it out to renewal I suggest thiis: a little more up front but worth it. On renewal switch to $15 plan...unlimited texting+ incoming calls/ 100 min outgoing sign up with auto pay-you get 250mb data bonus and the $2 reward off your bill. Now you pay $13 a month only $3 more and you can easily manage your outgoing calls. Tell all your friends and family to call you or text. While you're doing that tell them how great pm is and refer a few people... $10 credit for them and $1 reward off each month for each referral. By the $5/500 min add on it can last you a year!  An extra $0.42 a month for 42 extra minutes a month average.... with a few referrals you will be back down to $10 a month with way more service. I'm only one month in on pm and I'm paying

@EvanW  Just an fyi it was I that gave you the breakdown...happy you took my advice I'm good at saving money. Now get out there and hustle a few referrals you're surrounded by students on a budget it shouldn't be too hard. Good luck....dont let it take away from your studies though!

EvanW

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@hairbag1 thank you for the break down and tip.  Thought about it last night and upgraded the plan.  Will take effect on Thursday.

Small advice, if you see that you are short last couple of days off your cycle, that 5 add-on is a great thing, it doesn't expire until you use it up and it cicks in only after your plan minutes are done. 1c/min is a great price.

If you keep finding yourself short more than a week before renewal, 15 will give you unlimited incoming and double your allowance. The small data is more than enough to run textNow which gives you another Canadian number and unlimited North America. I use it with restricted background data and it uses less than 30megs monthly.

Welcome to public mobile:)

@EvanW wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Trust me calling an agent isn't that great....you can read my post on my recent customer service experience with telus....417 minutes on the phone trying to resolve a simple account change they screwed up and fixing my WiFi. Most of it on hold. I think you have your issue solved in less than 10 min. Faster if I was a better typer.

I had the same experience with freedom, I was supposed to have unlimited roaming in USA and Canada. USA roaming worked great but Canadian didn't and I moved to area without coverage. Once I waited for almosr 2 hours after being transferred just to be hanged up on by a very rude rep. Another time first level support told me ' what do you expect it's freedomemobile'

Luckily people in stores were always great and helpful, unfortunately they don't have much authority, they actually rely on phone support as well, and store side rep would usually just tell them to tell customer to call the customer side support.

I was dumb enough to stick with it for almost 6 months

@EvanW wrote:

I have this notation on my plan "9 - Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.", which I was not advised when I signed up for Public Mobile last month.  My call usage has a number of calls to the Public Mobile voice mail number, but I did not call it.  I am avoiding this to not lose minutes.

I'm new to Public Mobile and still trying to figure this out and decide if I will stick with them!  Hate the fact that you can't actually speak to anyone, another thing I was not advised when I signed up.

Hi @EvanW 

If you add all the minutes you will see that forward to Voicemail doesn't deduct from your allowance

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Every time you don't answer it gets forwarded to your voicemail and that is reflected in your usage history, however you are not charged that time if you actually add it up, only when you dial in to retrieve the message. To avoid charge you can retrieve it using landline or another unlimited minutes phone.

There is a way to not accept any messages but it will still involve the forwarding to the voicemail where the caller will hear extended absence message, so it will still forward and reflect that in your usage history

EvanW

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

Trust me calling an agent isn't that great....you can read my post on my recent customer service experience with telus....417 minutes on the phone trying to resolve a simple account change they screwed up and fixing my WiFi. Most of it on hold. I think you have your issue solved in less than 10 min. Faster if I was a better typer.

EvanW

@hairbag1 wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

I have this notation on my plan "9 - Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.", which I was not advised when I signed up for Public Mobile last month.  My call usage has a number of calls to the Public Mobile voice mail number, but I did not call it.  I am avoiding this to not lose minutes.

I'm new to Public Mobile and still trying to figure this out and decide if I will stick with them!  Hate the fact that you can't actually speak to anyone, another thing I was not advised when I signed up.

There would calls from setting up your voicemail... You must be on $15 plan. Just add $5/500min add on its $0.01 a minute and roll over til used...cheap insurance for outgoing calls. But you can still put you voicemail on extended absence  with a msg to text or try calling later. You of course.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@EvanW you were not advised? lol maybe you should have read the tos

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You can also check your voicemail from another number like a landline or your work phone.

Call your number, wait for the voicemail recording and press * before the beep then enter your password.

@darlicious wrote:

@EvanW wrote:

Are you able to turn off and disable voice mail?  When I check my usage history it shows calls to voice mail but I don't have any calls on my iPhone history to match what is being counted with Public Mobile.

You can. Type it in search bar... it's called extended absence... shown about a week or so ago...maybe I can find it.

Type in Re: disable voicemail  (solution) there's a link for a work around.

EvanW

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EvanW wrote:

You can. Type it in search bar... it's called extended absence... shown about a week or so ago...maybe I can find it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible your phone was dead or turned off when they came in?

Calls going to voicemail don't cost minutes btw, but checking your voicemail does.

Need Help? Let's chat.