cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail saying that call minutes were not in my plan

jim_man
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently got a call from 77858653983 claiming that call minutes were not included in my 25$ unlimited canada wide calling plan. Is this actually a legitimate and miss sent voice mail from public mobile or is this a scammer? (The phone number is strange and has the wrong number of digits. What is that about?)

9 REPLIES 9

Important to determine if the message actually said Public Mobile calling and what their suggested remedy was. It is easy to conclude that it was PM since your phone is on PM but maybe not accurate at all. No end of attempted scams these days. Like all the Bank of Montreal messages I get about problems with my account. Unknown to them is that the biggest problem is ... I have no BoM accounts.

AE_Collector

Butterflybabe69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That sounds like a scam. I would call in to public mobile or you can look online in your plan area to check. Calling should be apart of your plan.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jim_man 

I tried to call that number it disconnected me when it started ringing and it shows destination in Kazakhstan. The only thing i can think of is an attempt of callcollect which can't go through with prepaid service, attempt like that would most likely end up with such a message played to the caller and possibly to receiver if they answer the phone

What would be the objective here? Seems kind of silly for a spam call. Sounds like a prank. How could the caller know the plan you are on @jim_man ? Pissed off anyone you know recently?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jim_man wrote:

I recently got a call from 77858653983 claiming that call minutes were not included in my 25$ unlimited canada wide calling plan. Is this actually a legitimate and miss sent voice mail from public mobile or is this a scammer? (The phone number is strange and has the wrong number of digits. What is that about?)

That is one I haven't heard and seems very weird.  Did the message say it was from Public Mobile?  See when people get that message that call minutes or they don't have call minutes in there plan it is when they dial not someone calling them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds like a spam call.  Public Mobile does not use call notifications for anything.

@AE_Collector  thanks was in process of correcting it but takes time on mobile browser lol

@jim_man  as @AE_Collector  mentions, sounds like a scam. If you search the number without the last 3 some people posted irs scam with multiple calls a day.

What did the voicemail say?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I've NEVER heard of them calling or leaving a voice mail! Sounds scammy to me though who knows what the scam intent would be.

@Jb456 isnt the OPs number that is posted.... or even a valid number!

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and edit the post to delete personal information (phone number)..as it's visible for the public to see.

Need Help? Let's chat.