cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail not working

ttumbra44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have ported over my phone number from Chatr. My number shows on my phone now. I can call out on my phone via Public Mobile but if anyone calls me  they get immediately forwarded to Chatr Voice mail and I cannot access their messages. How do I get my voice mail over to Public Mobile?

Bob

7 REPLIES 7

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ttumbra44 

If still not ported, it has failed.  Call Chatr and ask for the account number. Then click on the question mark near the bottom of your screen and type in port request. This will open a ticket to the moderators.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ttumbra44 

Welcome to public Mobile for a few hours both numbers will work,  its normal, and will affect voicemail unfortunately, be patient. 

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ttumbra44 wrote:

I have ported over my phone number from Chatr. My number shows on my phone now. I can call out on my phone via Public Mobile but if anyone calls me  they get immediately forwarded to Chatr Voice mail and I cannot access their messages. How do I get my voice mail over to Public Mobile?

Bob

the port might not be completed yet. usually takes few hours but might take longer. if its more than several days it will be best to contact a moderator and maybe re-submit the port request.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Make sure that you are close to your allternative number if anything goes wrong with the port they will try to contact you.

Until port is done please use your old sim

Welcome to public mobile

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ttumbra44  Continue to use your CHTR sim until it stops working. Once that happens then start using your Public sim.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ttumbra44 It sounds like your port is still in progress. It can take up to 3 hours to complete. Keep using your Chatr SIM to receive calls/ texts. Once it stops its done. Then use this article to help you set up your voicemail https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Welcome to pm. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ttumbra44 how long ago was the port? it takes 2-3 hours for the port to finish.

Need Help? Let's chat.