cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed

brucebro56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased 2 sim cards for 2 cellphones to be used by myself and wife. I made sure both phones were unlocked and compatible with your company. The cellphones both passed. I proceeded with the activation process with no activation. 

I purchased a $25.00 plan for my wife's phone I believe the phone number is 778-xxx-xxxx my number was 778-xxx-xxxx.

Please help me as we both really need phones

34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brucebro56 wrote:

My sister gave me a Samsung Note 3 I was told I need a master unlocking code from Samsung 

i need to know once the public Mobile SIM card is locked does that mean it is no good anymore 

There's either some interpretation definition issues here or you're not reading your thread.

Please describe what you have and what you've done to get where you are. And then of course what you need.

@brucebro56 wrote:

My sister gave me a Samsung Note 3 I was told I need a master unlocking code from Samsung 

i need to know once the public Mobile SIM card is locked does that mean it is no good anymore 

Sim card will not get locked. Its your phone that is not unlocked and so it is not allowing you to use Public Mobile sim. To get it unlocked, ask your sister where she got the phone from. Depending on that, you can contact them and get it unlocked for free of charge. 

brucebro56

@brucebro56 wrote:

I’m so dumb I thought these phones were unlocked will publicmobility help me or have I still lost my $100

@brucebro56Where did you buy the phones? What phone model are they? Unlocking a phone is usually pretty easy, sometimes free, sometimes a small charge if you can provide some more details we can try to help you. Your last post was November 2018

brucebro56

I’m so dumb I thought these phones were unlocked will publicmobility help me or have I still lost my $100

ada2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have changed to another new sim card, now it is working. The MOD said this $10.5 will be refunded to my account. Thanks for everyone's help.

ada2018

thanks for your help. Yes, the online account is active. When re-entering the number it said invalid should suggest my sim card has been activated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ada2018 wrote:

no, since the very beginning, My celphone cannot find public mobile signal. I am still waiting for the moderator 's help

So your self-serve account says Active? Not Lost/Stolen or suspended? It has a SIM card registered and when you tried to re-enter the number it said invalid suggesting it's the same number?

So yeah I'm tapped. And others haven't come up with anything new. Good that you sent a private message to the mods.

Please do let us know what they say. I imagine they'll just say go get another SIM but maybe they have some magic up their sleeves.

ada2018

no, since the very beginning, My celphone cannot find public mobile signal. I am still waiting for the moderator 's help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ada2018 wrote:

just now I tried another slot, no signal.

Has it not worked at all since you signed up?

ada2018

just now I tried another slot, no signal.

@hairbag1 wrote:

When you recieved the sim card, did you have to cut it down to fit your phone ? If so, perhaps the sim was ruined in that process. See if your sim works in your buddys phone.

The sims are a triple punch so they will fit all size of sim slots and it doesn't work in his friends phone.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ada2018: Is your phone only a single SIM slot phone or multi?

When you recieved the sim card, did you have to cut it down to fit your phone ? If so, perhaps the sim was ruined in that process. See if your sim works in your buddys phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ada2018 wrote:

yes, I tried too. Still no signal.

Are you positive that you entered the correct SIM number when you activated it?  Double check that as maybe you entered an incorrect number during activation

@ShawnC13: It's unfortunate that we can only see the last 4 digits. Do you know whether going through the motions of changing the SIM when it turns out to be the same number if that does anything bad to the service?

Edit: as apparently ada2018 has done.

ada2018

i am pretty sure, cause when try to input my sim number again in activation page, the website says "Invalid SIM number"

@ada2018 wrote:

Are you positive that you entered the correct SIM number when you activated it?  Double check that as maybe you entered an incorrect number during activation

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ada2018

yes, I know, this is the first time that a new SIM card fails in my 20 years' experience. I bought it in London drugs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ada2018 wrote:

Apparently it's pretty rare for SIM's to somehow fail. Maybe use some non-corrosive cleaning agent to clean the surfaces of the SIM.

Edit:@ada2018: Did your phone work at all since you got the SIM? Maybe check the last 4 digits of the SIM card to the SIM registered in your self-serve under Change SIM.

ada2018

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ada2018 wrote:

i have tried with my friends' sim card, who is public mobile user too. His card can work in my phone. My online account seems no problem, and it says my next due pay is Dec 28. The only problem is the SIM card has no public mobile singal. And i also tried lost/stolen method: no help.

Ok. Good test. Maybe try your SIM in the friends' phone.

ada2018

i have tried with my friends' sim card, who is public mobile user too. His card can work in my phone. My online account seems no problem, and it says my next due pay is Dec 28. The only problem is the SIM card has no public mobile singal. And i also tried lost/stolen method: no help.

@ada2018

What makes you think that your SIM card is defective?  You might want to explain your situation in more detail.  

You can contact moderator for asisstance, but expect 1-2 day wait though.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

ada2018

I think my sim card has defect too, just bought it two days ago in Londo drugs. Will Public mobile change a new one for me? How can contact them? Their support service is too slow. I have complained two days but nothing has done with my case.

tomessafi

Is your phone picking up the network signal? If yes, get in touch with moderators on a private message. They can refresh your line and you'll to power cycle your phone. It'll pick up your plan.

If your phone is not picking up the network. Check how you inserted the sim card.

If your phone is not picking up the network and you tried a friend's sim from public mobile and it worked. That means your sim card has a defect. My advice is to get a new one as a replacement. Activate it on your account to have your number and plan attached to it and get in touch with moderators to get a refund for the new sim.

Good luck

rozinaamyn

Didnt worked

thanks for your help but still didnt worked

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rozinaamyn wrote:

Hello

I just changed the plan from $40 to $30, Leaving country tomorrow and needed phone for just today

After I added $30 i switched the plan to $30 but still unable to make calls and it says you dont have any active long distance plan

I sent private message to moderator and waiting for them to get it fixed

I am leaving tomorrow and spending time on community to use my phone for one day

Try the lost/stolen phone traick to provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

ada2018

yes, i can loginto my selfsetve accounts, everything there seems Ok.  

rozinaamyn

Hello

I just changed the plan from $40 to $30, Leaving country tomorrow and needed phone for just today

After I added $30 i switched the plan to $30 but still unable to make calls and it says you dont have any active long distance plan

I sent private message to moderator and waiting for them to get it fixed

I am leaving tomorrow and spending time on community to use my phone for one day

@ada2018 wrote:

it happens to me, too. The sim card has been activated. But the cellphone cannot find SIM card. My friend used Public Mobile, I tried his SIM card in my phone, it is working but mine doesnot work. Their support service is too slow.

Public Mobile does not offer live support.  If you have account issues that require action, you need to contact the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.