cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed

Jay13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone actually work for this company? How does this guy get away with treating potential customers like this?? I would like someone to reach out to me immediately please. My next step is to the crtc and bbb if no such luck as this agent needs to be held accountable. Below is the exact conversation that took place with a POTENTIAL customer. Unbelievable public mobile would treat people like this. If I don’t get a timely response it will be on all the big social media accounts by Tuesday. The conversation is as follows. 

Hi there!

[17:20] JayHow does the 3G for $0 work?

[17:20] ArturoHow can I help you today?

[17:20] ArturoHow so?

[17:20] ArturoAre you referring to a plan or what?

[17:21] JayYes, how does the offer work?

[17:21] JayIt says sign up now get 3gb for $0

[17:21] JayDo you know what I’m referring to??

[17:21] ArturoAs you can see on the promo page, you need to select one of the eligible plans to get the extra 3GB upon activation.

[17:23] JayGreat. So explain it to me. Because obviously there are Caveats. For example can I select the $15 plan??

[17:25] ArturoFirst of all, where did you find out about the promo? Because on the promo page it gives you all the instructions about it.

[17:25] JayA friend. And if I wanted to go donalltjos

[17:25] ArturoYou need a promo code, which you enter during the activation and you can only select the following plans: $25, $40 or $50 plan.

[17:27] JayOk. And the promo code is?

[17:27] JaySo if I selected the $25 plan and used auto pay I’d actually get 4 gb of data and only pay $23 a month.....correct?

[17:29] ArturoYou need to get the promo code from the page, we don´t provide the codes. You should ask your friend on where he got the code. And the 3GB is a one time bonus, you will have it on you your account until you use all of it then it will be removed from the account.

[17:30] JaySo you don’t continue to get it month after month? I’m asking you (I’m sure you can tell me Arturo)

[17:32] ArturoIs a one time only bonus. Let´s say you use the 1GB on your plan plus the extra 3GB on the first month, next month you will only have 1Gb from your base plan.

[17:32] ArturoAnd no, we don´t provide codes.

[17:32] ArturoAny other question you might have?

[17:33] JayLet me ask you this. Is the code not? FREE3GB?? Because if it is and you simply could have went to your page and told me that but neglected to do so then I’m going to be extremely disappointed but also assume you are extremely incompetent and will need to advise your supervisor of just how useless and unhelpful you were.

[17:35] JaySo I’ll ask you.....is is that simple? Could you have not just went to your page and told me that?? Am I not a potential customer?? Do you here at public mobile even care? Or do you just hate your job so much you decided to be as unprofessional and unhelpful as possible??

[17:35] JaySuggesting I ask my friend is absolutely ridiculous Arturo. Lol.

[17:36] ArturoThat´s supposed to be an offer for returning costumers, and if somehow you got hold of that code you´re free to use it but we do not provide that to anyone.

[17:36] JayIt says it right on your web page.

[17:37] ArturoI´m proving you the basic information we have, and if you already knew the code, why keep asking something you already know and alredy saw explained on the page?

[17:38] JayI didn’t know smart ass when I first asked. After your incompetence I decided I’d be better of to look myself because you were about as useless at **bleep** on a horse. What is your employee I’d number Arturo?

[17:39] ArturoTry keeping a professional tone.

[17:39] ArturoAnd I don´t have to provide you anything about me.

[17:40] ArturoIf that´s all you need, please have a nice day.

[17:40] JayProfessional? Lol. You lost that privilege at the onset of our conversation when you were a goof. You won’t get away with this

[17:41] JayIt will make matters worse if you don’t want to provide me your employee Id.

[17:41] JayEspecially since I’m an undercover public mobile agent so I’d suggest you provide it and do the right thing. Or find yourself speaking to your supervisor and likely removed from your position by tomorrow morning.

[17:42] ArturoIs there anything else related to our plans or the activation process that you need?

[17:42] JayJust your id number please sir.

[17:42] JayOther than that no.

[17:43] ArturoIn that case, have a nice rest of your day, I´ll be ending this conversation now.

Agent Disconnected

Chat Ended

23 REPLIES 23

@gpixel wrote:

@Jay13 either way, it's best to just come on here and ask. there are knowledgeable members like @computergeek541 who are in direct contact with  PM employees

It's more like an indirect contact now. I don't actually participate in the Oracle activities/conversations any longer, but do speak to the others who do.

@Jay13 either way, it's best to just come on here and ask. there are knowledgeable members like @computergeek541 who are in direct contact with  PM employees

@Jay13 wrote:

Do you mean there have been other complaints about Arturo on these forms also?

There's a moderator here with the same first name, but that isn't the same person who you spoke to. Live chat agents are Public Mobile store sales staff.

Jay13

Do you mean there have been other complaints about Arturo on these forms also?

Jay13

Thank you for the explanation. I will reach out to the moderator. Yes this happened on the live chat option when potential new customers are perusing the website. 

@sheytoon wrote:

@Jay13 hopefully you were just having a bad day and you don't treat people like this on a regular basis.

Have fun complaining on social media or to CRTC/BBB. They're not even gonna look at this.

I know that you already know that CRTC doesn't look into disputes between carriers and consumers. Also, the BBB, while they may accept the complain, has no authority to make Public Mobile do anything. I don't think that most people understand that. Any resolution resulting from a BBB complaint is because of a company voluntarily participating in the process.

@Jay13 hopefully you were just having a bad day and you don't treat people like this on a regular basis.

Have fun complaining on social media or to CRTC/BBB. They're not even gonna look at this.

@Jay13 wrote:

Does anyone actually work for this company? How does this guy get away with treating potential customers like this?? I would like someone to reach out to me immediately please. My next step is to the crtc and bbb if no such luck as this agent needs to be held accountable. Below is the exact conversation that took place with a POTENTIAL customer. Unbelievable public mobile would treat people like this. If I don’t get a timely response it will be on all the big social media accounts by Tuesday. The conversation is as follows. 

I won't get into anything about the tone of the conversation, but everything that the live agent said was correct.

If anyone is wondering, there currently is a one-time 3GB bonus on $25, $40, or $50 plan for new activations using the promo code FREE3GB.

@Jb456 wrote:

@kb_mv  Do you know if we can push the link onto other posters that have issues signing up or sim jacked?

Maybe @computergeek541 knows?

Would be much faster than telling everyone to open a ticket.

Unfortunately, @JoyLuck is correct. Once the account is set up, live chat isn't able to do anything to fix issues.

@gpixel wrote:

@Jb456 it's only for new activations. and apparently they are kiosk representatives(Arturo may not be..) 

All live chat agents are retail store employees.

I was unaware of the Live Chat until several months ago myself. Apparently it is questions from potential new customers and it is mainly the kiosk employees on there as presumably the kiosks are or were shut down due to Covid. Maybe the kiosks are open again now and/or maybe moderators are used to fill in some shifts? I have dealt with Arturo before and always get great service. I think this started as mass confusion because the OP was implying there was a free plan which of course was just the offer of a 3 Gb data add-on to new customers. To me the OP is the one who lost it and was unprofessional but maybe its just me?

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jay13 

PM does not have call center.  Support is provided by moderators.  Moderators on this forum are PM employee.  You need to send a private message to moderator for help.  They will answer your questions by private message also.  There is time lag between questions and answers. 

If you want quick answer like a phone call or the live chat you just had, PM is not for you.  This is how PM support works.  PM save the operation cost and pass the saving to subscribers.  

The person on the online chat is telling you the truth. 

The 3GB data add-on is one time bonus when you provide the code you have during activation. 

xiaogegeying
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't know there have live chat😂😅😅

Anonymous
Not applicable

I say good for Arturo to bite his tongue and not get sucked in by the rude obnoxiousness.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Would be a nice feature for sim Jack issues and unauthorized port outs.

@JoyLuck  interesting. 

When I opened a chat to test just now spoke with a mod that has replied to issues in the past. Also the name the OP posted Arturo is familiar on these forums as well.

Makes me wonder.🤔

@Jb456 it's only for new activations. and apparently they are kiosk representatives(Arturo may not be..) 

@Jb456 wrote:

@kb_mv  Do you know if we can push the link onto other posters that have issues signing up or sim jacked?

There is a disclaimer there:

Please note that our retail agents don’t have access to existing customer account details and are not able to assist with account support.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv  Thank you sir! Learn something new everyday 🙂 Had no idea they had a live chat. 

Not sure what you want to hear but the conversation on your side is quite misinformed about how plans work at PM. Not 3 Gb a month but simply a bonus of a single 3 Gb of data that will be used when your plan data is exhausted before your next month begins. It rolls over until it is all consumed.

Then choosing to make up BS about being an undercover PM Agent and throwing in insults and obscenities would make me disconnect from the conversation as well. There is something fundamentally wrong with so much online discussion lately. I find your side of the conversation to be the problem, not Arturos side.

And sure you can spam some online social media but I don't think the CRTC really wants to hear about your complaint over this.

AE_Collector

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@Jay13 So what site did this conversation take place as Public Mobile you have to open a ticket and they respond via private message. There is no live chat.

@Jb456  On the plans page there is an option for people considering signing up to engage in live chat. Maybe that's where this happened?

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 7.20.55 PM.png

@Jay13  This forum is full of customers that help others that may have issues. There is no one to reach out to you. You will need to contact a moderator and explain the issues you have.

You can contact them through direct messaging at the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Jay13 So what site did this conversation take place as Public Mobile you have to open a ticket and they respond via private message. There is no live chat.

EDIT - nevermind  @kb_mv was kind enough to point out they do have a live chat 

Need Help? Let's chat.