cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code?

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In a couple of posts, there are references to receiving a text with a verification code, a 6 digit number. Which you need to enter into the web site. What is this code? I never received it. I did receive two texts right away, one told me a had a $6 award applied to my account (from number 100), and the other from 611 telling me my pin number, that I had just entered when I start up my account. Two hours later I received my final text from (400) 500-0205, welcoming me to Public, and asking me to go fill the SIM & Actiation form. Which I had already done. My account is setup, and my plan and add-ons show as correct. I can make calls and send texts, but can not receive calls. Does this sound normal? I realise my port from Speakout somehow does not complete fully. But I was wondering about the 6 digit verification code?

Just trying to understand the full story.

4 REPLIES 4

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hello again!  

A port request from another mobile carrier to public mobile should only take minutes and at the most, couple of hours to complete.  Since you requested number port from Speakout almost a week ago, its safe to say that something went wrong.  

You will need help from the mods or PM support staff to re-submit this port request.  Have you contacted PM staff yet?  If not, please send a private message rightaway to @Shazia_K and provide your Public mobile phone number, e-mail address, and all the Speakout info needed to re-submit the port request.  

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @RogerI,

The 6-digit verification code is sent by public mobile in the even where you are creating selfserve access to your account.  

This is relevant to those who had trouble during activation and were left without access to their account via selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Since you are able to sign in and confirm your plan etc already, this verification code is not useful to you.

You will, however, get a confirmation text message when your port request is complete.  

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I requested to port a number, it was last Friday.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

If you just finsihedd the port in request, it will takes sometimes, that's why you can not receive call to your own phone number for now. 

Are you using a temporary number or just port in when you signed up?  If using temp number, try to call it from your other phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.