cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP as solution for CALLING a foreign landline

DinoFlint
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since PM doesn't provide the option to CALL a foreign landline, the only option remaining is a VOIP service.

Please note that the foreign party doesn't have the posibilty to install services like Skype, WeChat, so on

Question: Is there any reliable VOIP that you use/know to call a foreign landline?

16 REPLIES 16

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rooster wrote:

VoIP is great!

I've been using VoIP.ms

Get $10 credit on signup:

I don’t know how you found that! The website is NOT their style and your link says......

Disclaimer

VOIPMSREFERRAL.COM is NOT endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with VoIP.ms, or any of its subsidiaries. The official VoIP.ms website can be found at https://voip.ms.

For some reason I would not trust this. 

But it I do know they were offering free porting....but appears that offer is over. 

rooster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

VoIP is great!

I've been using VoIP.ms

Get $10 credit on signup:

edited by computergeek541: referral sign up link removed

DinoFlint

The internetcalls_com seems simple enough for what I need to do, so I spent those 10 EUR to see how will work (the service is from Netherlands on the invoce)

Time will tell. I'll come back to this thread to update

Thanks

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @DinoFlint 

Go for one of the betamax services

Now I'm using internetcalls

I put 10 euros and they give me 120 days off free calling to certain landlines. Fup is 300 minutes per week from one ip address or a phone number. When the free days are over then my 10 euros balance starts being used. Prices are very competitive, some places 1eurocent per minute.

Most of them give you so many options to use them. This one I set up as a calling account on my Android phone, most of them give sip configuration. So when I call any number my phone asks dial using public mobile or internetcalls. You can configure your VoIP box second line, you can dial in like with the card, you can use their mobile app, you can call from there browser (phone2phone). Usually 10 euros last me for about a year. I used many like voipstunt, nonoh, hotvoip, voipdiscount, voipbuster I believe telbo too

Prices change and each is better for certain region or countries than the others

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I use VoIP.ms for my land line. I am 100% satisfied. I use a Linksys PAP2T ATA Box......UNLOCKED. 

@DinoFlint , what's the country that you are trying to contact without Skype? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DinoFlint wrote:

@popping wrote:

@DinoFlint 

Try Fongo app on your phone.

https://account.fongo.com/calling/long-distance/

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Do you use the service?

-  I used their free landline service, freephoneline.ca, as my home phone using my own ATA box.

- I used Fongo Android app on my phone for my partime business.

- I also have an extra Fongo number as my incoming fax line.  Fongo forward my fax pdf file to my inbox.  Very convenience.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DinoFlint 

Go for one of the betamax services

Now I'm using internetcalls

I put 10 euros and they give me 120 days off free calling to certain landlines. Fup is 300 minutes per week from one ip address or a phone number. When the free days are over then my 10 euros balance starts being used. Prices are very competitive, some places 1eurocent per minute.

Most of them give you so many options to use them. This one I set up as a calling account on my Android phone, most of them give sip configuration. So when I call any number my phone asks dial using public mobile or internetcalls. You can configure your VoIP box second line, you can dial in like with the card, you can use their mobile app, you can call from there browser (phone2phone). Usually 10 euros last me for about a year. I used many like voipstunt, nonoh, hotvoip, voipdiscount, voipbuster I believe telbo too

Prices change and each is better for certain region or countries than the others

@DinoFlint wrote:

@popping wrote:

@DinoFlint 

Do you use the service?

Viber and Hangouts also have a pricing list to certain calling distnations if you prefer either of those.  

The advantage of using a calling card would be not needing a seperate internet connection or needing to use up any of your mobile data.

DinoFlint

There is internet and network connection on my side, however only a landline at the other end (no internet)

DinoFlint

My area is NOT included :[

DinoFlint

@popping wrote:

@DinoFlint 

Do you use the service?

@DinoFlint wrote:

It doesn't work for my area :[

Calling cards don't work for your area? These companies have local access numbers across the country to dial, and some also have toll-free access numbers.  When you say not available, is that because you want to make these calls using an internet connection because there's no cellular network signal in a certain place?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@DinoFlint wrote:

Since PM doesn't provide the option to CALL a foreign landline, the only option remaining is a VOIP service.

Please note that the foreign party doesn't have the posibilty to install services like Skype, WeChat, so on

Question: Is there any reliable VOIP that you use/know to call a foreign landline?

@DinoFlint  Perhaps, the $15 400 minute add-on would suffice? For calls to

Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Not sure why you want VOIP specifically, but if you're open to calling cards check out CiCi Mobile. I used it regularly while on a provincial only plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DinoFlint

It doesn't work for my area :[

@DinoFlint wrote:

Public Mobile does offer only calling to certain countries with the long distance add-ons, but I do not believe that they differentiate beetween celllular and landline destinations.

The are long distance companies that you can use to call many places around the world, although there are often different per minute prices for calling landlines (more expensive) depnding on the country being called.

There is a wide range of calling cards that can be purchased from stores. Alternatively, these same countries also often the ability to purchase minutes from their websites.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Need Help? Let's chat.