cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using same number as fido

Joey17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I opened my account with public mobile, they didn't contact Fido to close my account with them. Because I'm using the same phone number..and now I have a bill of 46.49 with Fido. How do I get public mobile to contact Fido to resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5

@gblackma wrote:

@Joey17  its not PM's responsibility to close your Fido account. You have to do it yourself. Did you  port/ transfer your number from Fido? The charges from Fido if it was a postpaid plan could be the charge for your last month of usage. Log into your Fido account to see what it was for. Thanks. Stay safe. 

It actually is Public Mobile's responsibility to get the Fido service cancelled. However, that can only happen if the number got ported properly. If the Fido acount is still open, that likely never happened.  In most cases, the customer should never be contacting the old carrier to cancel, or for any other reason for that matter, except to pay the final bill.

@Joey17  You need to check if your incoming calls are working at Public Mobile and check to see if your Fido service is still working. Even if your Fido service isn't working any longer, you still need to pay any oustanding bills.  As for billing disputes with Fido (if the charge shouldn't be there), Public Mobile cannot help you with that, as that part is between you and Fido.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Joey17 wrote:

When I opened my account with public mobile, they didn't contact Fido to close my account with them. Because I'm using the same phone number..and now I have a bill of 46.49 with Fido. How do I get public mobile to contact Fido to resolve this?

Here is some info from the CRTC:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Joey17 

Did you port out?

Contact Fido and tell them the date that you ported out, it's a mistake on their side they were supposed to close your account once they released your phone number to public mobile.

Welcome to public mobile

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Joey17 wrote:

@joey
As soon as you port your number your old account is cancelled by that provider. Public Mobile does not physically contact or call Fido. Any extra charges that you have are from Fido and you will need to resolve it with them. It could be because you switched mid billing cycle. 

Here is a full page description to find out what your charges were for from Fido:

you can check the article here: --> https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/cancel-service 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Joey17  its not PM's responsibility to close your Fido account. You have to do it yourself. Did you  port/ transfer your number from Fido? The charges from Fido if it was a postpaid plan could be the charge for your last month of usage. Log into your Fido account to see what it was for. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.